Tweaking for firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaking for firefox

My site is coming along ok, but after a few comments I downloaded Firefox and tried viewing them. There is alot of overlap that isn't present in IE. Any ideas on how to fix this??
    NashvilleOutdoors

Thanks
    Tim

Re: Tweaking for firefox

You have to move it so it doesn't overlap in FF. This will probably cause it to look different in IE. Basically you just have to go back and forth until they both look decent.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Personally I find in the FF browser my text in areas drops a tad compared to IE, you might need to place some of the text boxes a little more exact and remember to leave the one space or two after the last word in your last line of each text box, otherwise you will have a spacing issue with your text on this line ... like Watdaflip explained, move them around and tighten them up to be more exact, your page looks good ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, you shouldn't be to bad on your pages as they are quite short. But will still need some small adjustments. FF tends to space text & lines a tad more than IE. On a normal page this can be adjusted. But if you create longer pages, be careful as the problem starts multiply the longer page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

on the ff vs ie problem, why does each browser display what is identical pages differently??

bluerovers
          bluerovers
          www.bluerovers.co.nz
          www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

Hi, i have been reading that even web designers hand written pages have a script that will auto detect your browser & will then call up a different style sheet to suite the visitor's browser. But FF is increasing in popularity, so well worth catering for. There is a good read on this site about the problem. http://www.computergripes.com/firefoxsites.html

Cheers.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The reason they display different is because they are two separately built browsers. They are made by two different companies. As to why FF uses larger spacing I haven't a clue to the exact reason, my best guess is they don't want to conform and have a browser that is a mirror of IE (Well a mirror minus being more secure, faster, user-friendly, customizable, etc).. but you get the picture

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X