Getting Error Message for PDF File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Error Message for PDF File

I swear I'm gonna build rank just for posting so many problems ;)

I've tried searching the forum for something like this, but the search kept taking out keywords I needed. So if this is a repeat, I apologize.

Okay, here's the latest; up until today there were no problem clicking on the hyperlink to a PDF contract on my Corporate Accounts page. I was checking the site today and got an error message instead of my contract:

Not Found

The requested URL /application.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the hyperlink several times, tried renaming the document and hyperlinking again, deleting the text and re-entering and hyperlinking. Nothing is working and I don't have a clue as to why. The wedding contract on my Special Events page... no problem. I haven't changed anything since I hyperlinked the corporate contract the first time and it worked perfectly. Why am I suddenly getting an error message???

Please help!
    Thanks

www.goldenlimousinechicago.com

Re: Getting Error Message for PDF File

Did you try to ftp the pdf document back up to your account and link by it's new name ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1st recheck lnks and pdf file names match.

2nd make sure pdf file is in the right directory
      Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

The document is in my file manager along with the wed. contract that works. I renamed the document to match the link. Previously, the document was contract.pdf and changed to application.pdf.

I think I figured it out... I moved the document in my file manager to public_html. I don't know if this actually fixed the problem, or for some reason it just wasn't reading on the server. Oh well, it's working for now and hopefully continues to.

Thanks for all of you help :)

Comment

Working...
        X