Can I get my background to fade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get my background to fade?

I'd like my background to fade slowly down to white. Does anyone know how please?

Re: Can I get my background to fade?

Originally posted by hjmotie View Post
    I'd like my background to fade slowly down to white. Does anyone know how please?
    Backgrounds on pages are usually applied via right clicking on the page and choosing properties - here you can select a solid color or an image ... if you select an image, the background will give a "tile look" effect dependent on the overall size of the image ... it's not recommended to use too busy of an image or you will have a look of a puzzle for a background .. you could apply a gradient image that would give a blending effect to the background ...

if you are referring to the appearance of fading, as in a blended, gradient color for the background of your page material (size '800 - '1000 wide) then you could apply a shape and choose gradient and you can see the different effects there ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I would achieve that effect by either creating a rectangular shape in BV and using the gradient fill option or creating a background in PaintShop Pro or similar.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's very helpful, thank you both. I'll give it a go. Am now thinking I'd like a photographic image behind, so will explore both options

Comment

That's very helpful, thank you both. I'll give it a go. Am now thinking I'd like a photographic image behind, so will explore both options

Okay, great, but remember what we said about applying an image as a background, the tiling affect that can occur dependent on it's size, right ... there are many photo tips around the support forum, you will gain many ideas, thoughts and tips ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Will do, thanks. I'll post back and let you know how I get on

Comment

I've found a found a photo, not animated but the right image. It is a jpeg 1200 x 798, only as LadyEye expected, I'm having difficulty with it tiling. How can I stop this please? I can purchase a 3008 x 2000 sized pic, but then I'm worried about it taking too long to load....
              Help?

Comment

most people tell you that 800 is the normal size of a web page. I think that that has changed in the last bit of time. I think the normal page is 1024 x 768 setting. what I do is make my image size 1000 x 1000 such as
                www.blueskiesinc.net. If some one has the smaller setting they will have to scroll and if they have the larger setting they will see some tiling. One suggestion is to have a solid color background and put your image at 900 or 950 pixels wide. That way the image is the main focus and you have created a border with the solid color. An example of this is
                www.scanportonline.com. Hope I have helped you.

Mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you Mr McGoo, that works well for what I want. Great!

Comment

Good Evening,
                    I am very new to Blue Voda... Still trying to learn; like others...
                    I believe I can help with the gradient background color...
                    When on your editing page (right click) on a blank area of the background
                    and select "Page HTML"...
                    Then select the TAB that is "Beginning of Body"...
                    Insert the following...

<body style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#FFFFFF', startColorstr='#666666', gradientType='0');">

Then select OK...
                    This will give you Gray at the top and White at the bottom...
                    Thanks... Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X