Site Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Counter

Is it possible to place a counter on my Web Site to record number of visitors? If so, how do I go about it!

Also, just published my site but noticed it needs a couple of minor typo corrections, how do i go about that? I have already tried to make the changes, save the page with corrections and republish the page but nothing seems to be happening.

Thanks in Advance
    Oscar7
    www.pnwresearch.com

Re: Site Counter

Sounds like you are doing the corrections properly. Click to refresh the page in your browser - sounds like your computer is showing the old page.

As to a counter - why not use your website stats provided in your cp? A counter on the pages is unprofessional. However, you can do them - if you do a search in this forum, you'll find dozens of threads on the subject. Or do a search in any search engine and you'll find lots of counters out there.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Still having problems correcting a published page. I am simply trying to change a couple of typo's. It's a single page Web Site with a contact form (action page).

I go into Blue Voda and click on open an existing page, I click on "index" when the page come up, I correct the typo. I then save the page and then hit the publish button - it acts like it is being published!

I have tried to just save the page and also save as, The correction appears on the "index" page after being saved so it's in my computer.

It seems that I cannot over-write the current published page on the BV server.

Any ideas as to the next step. Do I have to pull the entire site down just to change a typo and if so, how do I go about it?

Help would be appreciated!

Also, Thanks for heads up on the counter idea - I will stick with the CP stats.
      Oscar7
      www.pnwresearch.com

Comment

When you save the page with the changes - and close out of BV - when you go back - does your saved page have the changes?

This should not be a problem - and if it is - you need to figure out why and get it fixed. If necessary, you may have corrupted this file - so maybe try to save as index1 - then delete out your index page - then go to index1 and save as index (make sure it is with the changes) and see if it's right. If it is, publish it. (Don't publish it anywhere as index1 - we're just trying to get rid of the bad page.)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth;
          The problem is solved - I used your approach and deleted and replaced the original index page and republished it - seems to be fine now

Thank Again
          Oscar7
          www.pnwresearch.com

Comment

I think you have the corrections fixed but your form doesn't work. I get an error message as follows:
            please enter only letter characters in editbox2 - as i see it your edit box 2 is the email box and how do you only enter letters in your email? Better fix that up.
            As for a stat counter - you can use statcounter.com - they offer an invisible stat counter for the site or each page. No cost for the basic one and it seems to work fine for me.
            I agree that stat counters on websites are tacky and not real world numbers anyway. but the invisible one doesnt let your guest know just you.

Mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
            X