• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWO CATS
    First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

Images have disappeared

HI
    when I published my 2nd site somehow my main site got lincked to it .My mistake I know.I know I just have to republish the first page of 1st site to correct but all the images have disappeared in preview and on working page they are just blank.All the links and html seem to be there but no image,can someone help with this .what do I do to get them back before republishing?
    hope you can help
    Two Cats
    www.catpetalogue.com
    www.magicpallete.com

P.S you can't see the catpetalogue page in browser it goes to 2nd site
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Images have disappeared

The images are blank in the BV builder because they have been moved from the original folder on your computer. If you remember what folder you had them in- simply copy/paste them into that folder.

The images are still there on the server and will connect up with the correct page as the link itself has not been changed between web page and image. Therefore, using the FTP manager, connect and delete the page(s) that should not be there. Then re-publish the page(s) that should be there. It should all be good. (If you know the names of the images that should not be on the server- then delete them also- otherwise, leave alone.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• TWO CATS
      First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

Thanks Andy fixed it, now I can stop banging my head against the wall
      thanks again
      Two Cats
      www.catpetalogue.com
      www.magicpallete.com

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

Always open a folder under C:\My Document/BlueVoda and name it Images and graphics.

Store a copy of all the images U are using in your webpages in this folder.
        Populate your webpages from this folder only.

The above system will ensure U never lose any image, graphic or photo from
        your webpages again.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X