Expanding Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding Page

Is there a quick way to expand my web pages to fill the entire screen without moving each item separately into a new location? I inititally designed the page using only three-quarters of the space. I have an empty column of space from top to bottom of the screen on the right side.

Also, on a couple of pages I have photo backgrounds. If I click on to the photo and expand the photo it gets distorted. Is there an easy way to expand the photo to fit the screen while maintaining its normal composition?

Patrick

Re: Expanding Page

hello; I think you have to give us the link so we can see what you are talking about. In general, you set up the page to either be 800, 1024, 1152, or 1280 pixels wide. You set this by going to page properties and then set up your width and length of the page. You can also center the page here. If you want to have an image the exact size of your page width you have to firstly get the image bigger than you desired size. For example if your desired size is 1024 you have to have the left to right deminsion of your original picture bigger than this. Once you have the original picture set up then go to the pixresizer and make the image 1024 x length. Then import the image to your page. If you want to be careful and have everyone look at your website without scrolling right to left then you will be safe in setting up your page 800 x length. As you can see there are some variables to think about and if you send us the link, everyone here will be happy to help you.
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

my link is vths-doolscience.org
      On the home page I merely stretched out the background and rearranged the items above it. On the biology page the photo background gets distorted when I stretch out.

Comment

Hello; I have copied a couple of your background pictures and made up 3 different pages. One with no outside border, one with a small outside border in red, one with a larger outside border in purple. Your biology background was over 2000 pixels wide and that is why it takes longer to upload. With Pixresizer you can make all your background pictures the size you want. In the first example I made the image 1000 pixels wide to fit into 1024 frame, the second example i made the image 950 pixiel wide to fit into that same 1024 pixel frame and the 3rd one i made it 800 pixels wide to fit into that same 1024 pixel frame. Most everyone sets their computors to the 1024 x 768 as the default, so you have to fit your website into that frame. If you have any questions and want to speak to me directly, just go to my website and follow the contact us link and I would be happy to walk you through some of the basics I'm talking about. Once you get started it will become easier.
        Hope I can help!
        www.videopostcards.info
        Mrmagoo144

Ps wait till after 5PM on saturday to look at the links.
        1st link - www.videopostcards.info/vths.html
        2nd link - www.videopostcards.info/vths1.html
        3rd link - www.videopostcards.info/vths2.html
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

sorry i gave you the wrong links;
          www.videopostcards.info/vths.html
          www.videopostcards.info/vths2.html
          www.videopostcards.info/vths3.html

these should show what i was talking about.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X