• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kell
    Corporal

• Oct 2006

Design Issues

Hi I'm Kellie from www.familyaromatherapy.com the problem I am having is with my add on domain www.breakthrough-meditation.com . When different people download my site many of them have reported that big chunks of the page is black and not loading. When they refresh sometimes it will clear and the writing on a white back ground will show again sometimes not.

We are about to launch and I really need to know how to fix this asap. One of my graphics guys said that the site also has xtml errors or something similar. Is this the same problem and how do I fix it.
    Thanks
    Kell
    Be happy, relaxed and face all challenges with ease.
    Free 5min stressbuster meditation.
    www.Breakthrough-Meditation.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: need help asap black spots on page loading on some browsers

Hi, cant seemed to be able to get the black areas show on my screen. But it would be worth a quick check in Fire fox as you have quite a bit of overlapping text & images, especially on the long pages.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• kell
      Corporal

• Oct 2006

this is another problem, on my computer all the text is fine. I really need someone from bluevoda to help with this asap.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Stress Buster,

Your anxiety is showing thru your thread.

Dont stress yourself.

I checked with both Ie and Firefox and there are absolutely no
        Black spots all, the pages and links are in mint condition.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• kell
          Corporal

• Oct 2006

Hi zuriatman,
          I am really glad that it's working on you computer but alas that is not the case for many others. It works fine on mine to. Not on my clients who I built the site for or my graphics guy's or my mums etc.
          lol. Lucky I do the daily meditations or I would be not just slightly stressed and frustrated but very very very stressed. We are lossing cleints and wasting advertising because of these faults.
          I need some ADVICE and help from someone who knows what they are talking about.

The over lapping of text that is not in my bv or on my computer but many others.
          The black spots on loading, this does not always happen but is happening on at least 4 computers that I know about.
          Thanks
          Kell

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Kellie

As far as I and many others know, there is no one from Blue Voda, as Blue Voda is the name of the software you are building your website with ... perhaps you might want to "Know" that you might be looking for someone from Voda Host, but may I remind you that Voda Host is a web hosting company and offers the free blue voda software to build a website with, or you may use many other programs to build your website with. Voda Host is not here to train you how to build websites, but offer very good instruction with their tutorials and their support forum, which by the way is run by members on a volunteer basis as well as goodness of their hearts to give you their best tips and or advice.

With that being said, both of these posters have offered you a few suggestions that might help out with your problem if you might like to take their word for it.

Collectors has offered you advice that you have text overlapping, these issues are caused usually by incorrect text spacing and or use of unfriendly web fonts, and the advice given to check in the firefox browser as well is also a good tip.

You will notice from the image here, your text is overlapping and I'll bet this is why people are seeing black spots, as it is clumped text on top of itself.

Different browsers show the blue voda page differently and it is recommended everywhere across this support forum for you to check your pages in both browsers.

Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Kell,

Lady Eye and Chris were right. I missed the overlapping texts.

There are more, your insomnia page only show the header

In your Press Review there is a thick purple line over KL Teacher as if
              somebody want to strike out the sentence.

I highlighted the whole section, copied it and pasted in Words and this
              was what was pasted.

"Within the first week I started to feel more positive, less frustrated. Then as each week proceeded I became more alive and in tune with myself and those dear to me.
              Less stressed about the things I couldn’t control and more relaxed. I feel more confident and actually more in control.”
              K.L. School Teacher
              Article written by Domini Stuart for the Body & Soul magazine.©"

There was no sign of the purple Line?

U must have done something wrong on this page as I suspect the purple line belongs at the top near the meditating woman or U had deleted the purple line but the html script is still is still there.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• kell
                Corporal

• Oct 2006

I have taken on the info everyone has given me. What I need to know is how to fix it so that it works in all browsers. I thank you and appreciated your help.

I have been told by Voda Host support that this is where I need to get the answers for my Blue Voda questions.
                I have read a lot of this forum and never seen that I need to check my page in both browsers it is good to know that thankyou Ladyeye. I have already done this though and this is how I found out I have these problems.
                I need help on how to fix them. Is there a thread you can point me to that explains what fonts not to use etc. I am taking it that I am not the first to have these issues.
                Thank you
                all help truely appreciated
                Kell

Comment

• kell
                  Corporal

• Oct 2006

To Ladyeye,
                  I am unsure if you are being cranky at me with this part of your post
                  'As far as I and many others know, there is no one from Blue Voda, as Blue Voda is the name of the software you are building your website with ... perhaps you might want to "Know" that you might be looking for someone from Voda Host, but may I remind you that Voda Host is a web hosting company and offers the free blue voda software to build a website with, or you may use many other programs to build your website with. Voda Host is not here to train you how to build websites, but offer very good instruction with their tutorials and their support forum, which by the way is run by members on a volunteer basis as well as goodness of their hearts to give you their best tips and or advice'

A forum is a place to ask questions and seek advice, I feel you have taken offence at the simple questions I have asked and all that does is discourage me and others from asking! I really appreciated and take on all the info I get but what I need is advice to fix these problems.

I really do thank you for your advice as I had no clue at all about unfriendly web fonts and the such.

Thanks again
                  Kell
                  Last edited by kell; 10-04-2007, 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• kell
                    Corporal

• Oct 2006

To Zuriatman,
                    Thanks I went and fixed the press page.The purple line was to seperate the 2 articles, it look fine in mine so I just deleted it. The insomnia blog is blank as I haven't started to put stuff in there yet.

Kell

Comment

• larazovich
                      General

• Jul 2006

Think I read this right, that you need info on web friendly fonts - If so, here it is:
                      web safe fonts
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• LadyEye
                        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Kell ... no no no, you've got it all wrong, always feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we all do, and we all give the best we can, that is what this support forum is for ..... exactly. Actually if anything that I would have liked for you to read into my post was, and I will say it again, is that a few members had taken their time to post advice to you in regards to your problems you were having and you didn't appear to have appreciated it. That was my message ... really .. and that message was in response to this statement you had made .... "I need some ADVICE and help from someone who knows what they are talking about." And I wanted you to also know that this support forum was here for you to help you with the problems you were having as a designer, when in fact you were placing blame elsewhere .. as seen in this statement "We are lossing cleints and wasting advertising because of these faults."
                        I am happy to see that you are asking questions and receiving help ... don't hesitate to ask .. but nice to appreciate it as well ...
                        Regards,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

my biggest recommendation is to use web friendly fonts and see if that helps ... good luck ...
                          kym, merlin & tala
                          creating white majick
                          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                          www.merlinsmajick.com
                          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• Andy128
                            Major General

• Dec 2005

Kell-
                            Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing on your computer and post it here. Most of us are not seeing the black spots.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• kiwiana
                              Corporal

• Jun 2007

Hi Kell

I often use CTL and scroll the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the size of the fonts on websites, handy when the font is too small for me to read. Try that and you should see the overlapping text which are headings called "Meditation One" through to six. Probably hidden from you under a script box or pic.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X