Help is needed again, thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help is needed again, thank you

Hi, My computer crashed the other night, I lost everything. Rember to Backup files, this was a real lesson.
    My question is: I had to download my BlueVoda web site builder again but cannot access my information in the web builder. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Gant
    ezridebikes.com

Re: Help is needed again, thank you

What do you mean you cannot access your information?
    Do you mean your page files are gone? or some things won't open?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I go to my BlueVoda, "open an existing Page" click there, next request is a file name...I have tried "ezridebikes" but comes back as file not found. Am I not inserting the right file code.
      Thanks for your help, redoing everything is very confusing right now.

Comment

If your pc crashed and you have lost your files then it won't work will it? You are calling a file that is no longer on your PC.

This backs up what I was talking about the other day about Carbonite!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          If your pc crashed and you have lost your files then it won't work will it? You are calling a file that is no longer on your PC.

This backs up what I was talking about the other day about Carbonite!!
          There is a way to get your pages back. Lots of work, but not insurmountable. I rebuild over a hundred pages....
          In your BV sitebuilder,
          File - new page - from existing html page
          tick the button for remote from the internet
          in the file name enter the entire url for the page you want to recreate
          this will get you most of your page. You will have to do some adjusting, links and such, but it is better than building from scratch.
          And this entire exercise will serve to remind you to back up next time.....LOL
          good luck
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Sorry, I always forget to tell people of this option, however as you say... it is an arduos task and does remain a constant reminder of ensuring your PC is well backed up.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X