Scroll bar appears underneath on other pages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WSBlue
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Scroll bar appears underneath on other pages...

Hi!
    I set the width of my other pages same as my index page.
    When publish my index page, it fits exactly on the screen, there is no more scroll bar underneath that can scroll to the right.

Why my other pages can't do that, scroll bar always appears at the bottom and can scroll all the way to the right?

I don't want scroll bar appears at the botom of the page for other pages because there is nothing to see or read anymore on the right hand side.
    What can I do and how?
    Thanks.
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: Scroll bar appears underneath on other pages...

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
    Hi!
    I set the width of my other pages same as my index page.
    When publish my index page, it fits exactly on the screen, there is no more scroll bar underneath that can scroll to the right.

Why my other pages can't do that, scroll bar always appears at the bottom and can scroll all the way to the right?

I don't want scroll bar appears at the botom of the page for other pages because there is nothing to see or read anymore on the right hand side.
    What can I do and how?
    Thanks.
    There must be something hanging over the width you want - you have to find it.

Couple things you can try.

First, go to layout - guide settings
    set the desired width and height, and tick the box that says 'show guide borders' this will give you a visible border while you are building your page.

Then, go to edit - select all
    this will highlight everything you have on your page. Look carefully way over to the right and see if you have anything hanging over the width you set.

If you keep everything inside the border you have set all will be golden!
    good luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri

Pak Biru,

Go to BV>view on the top tool bar and select "Ruler".
      The Ruler will appear from top left to right and
      topleft to bottom of your page.

Us the left slider at the bottom lefthand corner of BV
      and slide it downwards and your page will scroll up.

Use this slider to adjust the the scrollbar view.
      Use both sliders to center your pages.

Abu.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• WSBlue
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Lara And Pak Abu / Zuritman (Minal Aidin Wal Faidzin. Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin)
        Yes, I have fixed it. It's the text menu problem. every time when text menu is changed the right handles will move and it will go longer than Bay bridge (Lara) or Penang Butterworth (Z) even it had been set properly at the very begining.

OK, one more quetion.
        I know Move To Front and Move To Back.
        How about Move Forward and Move Back; What do they do?
        I don't see any changes when I click Move Forward or Back.
        But why something appear on site much later than the other even they are the same size.

And One more question.
        How to count size? If pixels W.200 X H.100. Do all images come out with the same bytes?

And ... That's all for now.

Thanks a lot.
        Blue / Biru

Comment

• larazovich
          General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
          Lara And Pak Abu / Zuritman (Minal Aidin Wal Faidzin. Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin)
          Yes, I have fixed it. It's the text menu problem. every time when text menu is changed the right handles will move and it will go longer than Bay bridge (Lara) or Penang Butterworth (Z) even it had been set properly at the very begining.

OK, one more quetion.
          I know Move To Front and Move To Back.
          How about Move Forward and Move Back; What do they do?
          I don't see any changes when I click Move Forward or Back.
          But why something appear on site much later than the other even they are the same size.

And One more question.
          How to count size? If pixels W.200 X H.100. Do all images come out with the same bytes?

And ... That's all for now.

Thanks a lot.
          Blue / Biru
          Yep the text menu thing does that to me too. YOu just have to be sure and resize it each time last thing before you save.

I use the php include from Naval for my menu; that way, I only have to hassle with that sizing thing on one page.

Move Forward and Move back just move the thing one layer, not like to back and to front where they go all the way. This is helpful if you ahve lots of things layered and you want one element in a particular place.

Hope that answers your questions.

OH, bites are way different pixels; I am not sure how to describe, but I would say that pixels id how big things appear, and bites is how 'dense' they are, being about resolution.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
          X