• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomissan
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Internet Download Manager & Republishing site

I had to re-install windows recently (again) and now I'm trying to use Internet Download Manager to download my site from the internet and get it all back into my local computer.

Question:
    In DLM (downloaded from vodahost), when downloading the site, it asks several questions and where to put the downloaded items. I seem to be confused as where to put everything and what boxes to click in the download manager. Most specifically:
    Save To:
    * Every file to the directory according to the category of the file
    * All files to one category
    * All files to one directory (Browse:)
    Does anyone have experience with this and able to shed some light?

Very much appreciate any help.
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Internet Download Manager & Republishing site

In this specific case, select

* Every file to the directory according to the category of the file

Set the html files folder to be a folder that you will create inside your BV folder (name it, i.e. "My site html files") and set all the images folder to be another folder, that you also are going to create inside the BV folder, named i.e. "My site images")

Of course you can also choose to store everything in a unique folder, but the first option will allow you to have the files separated so you can work better.

If you then want to import the html files in BV to re-create them, it would be better if you imported them directly from your site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Tomissan
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Thanks Naval for the detailed information.
      Another question:
      Do I download the files to bv in local C:/documents & settings or in desktop/my docs?
      It's a little frustrating but with your help and the other guru's here it's definitely making it easier. thanks again
      Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Inside your BV folder would be more logical, but you can put them anywhere you like.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Tomissan
          Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

to late to edit last post:

Naval,
          after downloading the site can I simply copy and paste it into a new page or?
          mucho Gracia
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You DON'T need to download your pages.
            Go in BV, File, New Page > From existing HTML Page

A dialog box will show up. Select Remote (on the Internet) and in the file name type (or copy paste from your browser) the FULL URL of the page you need to recreate: http://www.yourdomain.com/pagename.html BV will import the page code as well as all the images.

There are some limitations though. Menus will be imported as single images (buttons), not as menubars. You will need to recreate them from scratch. Dropdown menus are not imported at all, as well as any other Javascripts that you might have in your pages. Php scripts will not be imported either. text and hyperlink style sheets will need reformatting.
            However, 90% or even more of your work will be there.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X