• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordon787
    Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Re: Thank you page and menu buttons

Thank you Naval/Navaldesign,

You are both a whiz and a patient knowledgeable whiz.

Precisely as you stated above, I have deleted the many unnecessary trial forms from my ABVFP Control Panel by going through my VodaHost Control Panel. And, to my happiness, I apparently did it correctly because the thankyou page sent to emailers continues to work perfectly.

One final question: When I send an email message through my www.gordonpatzer.com website contact page, that message goes apparently both to my VodaHost webmail and, equally or more important, to my email address that I use on a daily routine basis (gpatzer@roosevelt.edu). However, when I try to send an email message directly to gordon@gordonpatzer.com, the email message does not come to my daily routine email address (gpatzer@roosevelt.edu).

How can I set my VodaHost and/or ABVFP settings so that email sent directly to me at gordon@gordonpatzer.com would come to me at gpatzer@roosevelt.edu as well as to my VodaHost web email, comparable to now what happens apparently to email sent to me at gordon@gordonpatzer.com at/through my www.gordonpatzer.com website?

Thank you.

gordon787

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Go in your CP and set a forwarder for your email address. This way all message sent to gordon@gordonpatzer.com will be forwarded to gpatzer@roosevelt.edu
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• gordon787
        Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

I was anticipating that I would not be again asking your assistance concerning my current thread, but your last guidance in terms of setting an email forwarder seems not to work for me. It looks to be super simple, but there must be some other setting that I must also make (such as in Outlook Express, but I don't think so).

First, as you instructed, I went to my VodaHost cPanel, logged in, and added a mail forwarder for all mail sent to gordon@gordonpatzer.com, to be automatically forwarded to me at gpatzer@roosevelt.edu. In fact, when I checked in the "default address maintenance" in the VodaHost cPanel, the message states that "all unrouted mail for gordonpatzer.com" will be sent to gpatzer@roosevelt.edu (see copy of that message below). Also, in that part of my VodaHost cPanel, (as I have copied below), it even states that "Current Mail Forwarders" include: gordon@gordonpatzer.com >>>> gpatzer@roosevelt.edu, but yet my testing email that I send to gordon@gordonpatzer.com does not come to me at gpatzer@roosevelt.edu; even though mail I send thorugh my website email contact form (www.gordonpatzer.com) does come to me at gpatzer@roosevelt.edu.

Now what do I do concering mail sent to gordon@gordonpatzer.com to be automatically forwarded to me at gpatzer@roosevelt.edu?

Thank you.

gordon787

Add a New Domain Forwarder

All email sent to gordonpatzer.com will now be redirected to gpatzer@roosevelt.edu Warning, changing default address for gordonpatzer.com since an email address was specified instead of a domain name.

Forwarding Maintenance

Current Forwarders gordon@gordonpatzer.comgpatzer@roosevelt.edu

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Sorry, but if you have set a mail forwarder and it doesn't work, i don't know what could be wrong.
          Setting up " catch all " email address has nothing to do with the forwarding part.

Please do not copy / paste parts of your CP screens, as it creates problems with the links contained. I had to delete part of your post, as it created a login check.

I suggest that you test again your email forwarding. Send an email to your domain email address. If no email is forwarded to your roosevelt.edu adress, first of all check that this email has actually arrived in your web mail. If it is there, i can only suggest that you submit a support ticket asking the help desk to see why it is not forwarded.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• gordon787
            Staff Sergeant

• Sep 2007

All is now complete and working here at www.gordonpatzer.com in Chicago, Illinois early Monday morning, about 12:30 a.m. on October 22, 2007.

My last item was the email forwarder. And that seemed to have taken about an hour for the VodaHost server to establish the connection or whatever after I had entered my forwarding address and confirmed it. Now about an hour later, everything is working as it should on and in connection to my website, including my email, email thank you page, and now email forwarder.

Thank you again to everyone who has assisted and particuarly to Naval/Navaldesign for his expertise, his assistance, and his patience with me and my newness to all this.

With this message I am now closing out this thread that I started about 15 to 20 messages ago.

Best wishes to everyone at and in connection with VodaHost.

gordon787

Comment

Working...
            X