Christmas effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas effects

One of my clients would like a 'Christmas' look to his existing home page, anyone got any sensible ideas? Anyone know where I can get easy to install falling snowflakes, or stuff like that?

I dunno.. never done a christmas look before!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Christmas effects

Hi there,

You can purchase special effects here at this site: http://www.dseffects.com/index2.html

or you can get free snow scripts here at this site: http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/scripts/

....with Christmas, there are so many ways you can go, I think it would depend on the type of site.

Comment

Thanks Robyn,

The site is www.steppin-out.co.uk and it's going to be difficult as there is already a lot on the home page and don't want to overload it or indeeed slow it down anymore!

I'll take a look at the links you gave me though. Much appreciated
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Marincky,

.....have a look at this site, you may be able to get some ideas etc., perhaps change your banner/header.........(might be the simpliest way to achieve what you're trying to do.)

I seen bits & pieces there that would look nice with what you have already.

Comment

You could take a look at my Christmas page on my pinata store - I just changed the background on that page to be snowflakes. That's a freebie out there.

You could also do things like add a Christmas countdown banner (just google for them) to make a page more Christmasy - and those are kind of neat. Will probably add those to both my sites in the near future - after I get past Halloween. (One popular site for these is: http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi )
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Tried a couple of scripts, snowflakes, coundown counters but despite following to a tee and placing in the correct part of the code it really messed up the page! Must be conflicting with something, I am going to go for the simpler animated gif effect I think!

Comment

The countdown banners should screw up the page - unless you have a code not closed somewhere (that's what usually causes that).
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                The countdown banners should screw up the page - unless you have a code not closed somewhere (that's what usually causes that).
                I'll try again... I presume you meant should not? ; - )

Comment

Ok, I added a bit to the site, anyone think it looks tacky? Or is it ok? I have to be careful cos it's a slow enough loading page as it is!

I think it's a bit early myself but what the customer wants...

Comment

I think its a bit early, but if the boss says now....well then now it is. lol

Keep playing with it.......what you did is ok but I think you can do better.

....cheers!

Comment

Hi,

Here is one I found once upon a time, never tried, Link

Comment

....that is a really nice one Mike.

I found some snowflakes Marincky....you'll soon be snowed in.....ha ha, some of them are hard to see as they are transparent, trust me........look closer you should see an animated snowflake bar & animated transparent falling snow gif. (s)

......goodluck, ......happy holidays..lol

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Working...
                          X