• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKR
    Corporal

• Oct 2007

Domain Name Transfer Issue

Domain Name Internetwealthtoday.com

I recently attempted a domain name transfer to Voda. It was never confirmed wheather or not if it was succusssful. After contacting Voda support they said no because it was still locked and I need to contact my registar. After contacting my previous registar by phone they said my domain was locked by my new registar enom. ( I have never heard of Enom) After doing my own Whois I got the following..

[whois.enom.com]
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about internetwealthtoday.com
    AboutUs: internetwealthtoday.com

Registration Service Provided By: VodaHost
    Visit: http://www.vodahostdomains.com

Domain name: internetwealthtoday.com

1. Who is my registar?

2. Who is Enom and how are they listed in my WhoIs info?

3. Although I received the welcome e-mail I was never sent any info on how or where to log into the Voda Domain control pg. I have accessed my CPanel using my master username and Pw. But how do I access my account to make domain changes?

Sorry but I have used Yahoo and GoDaddy hosting in the past this seems somewhat different and obviously something I need to get used to.
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Domain Name Transfer Issue

Hi, it seems like your domain has been transfered, but is pointing at a yahoo server. You will need to pop into your Vodahost domain area & point your domain at the sever your site is now on. ENOM is a domain provider that VH uses.
    If you need a check. go to this site & put your domain name in. http://whois.domaintools.com/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• BKR
      Corporal

• Oct 2007

Thanks Chris,

I know this may sound riduclous but how do I get to the Vodahost domain area....

THANKS AGAIN

Brian

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi Brian, Lol, no! its not ridiculous. Its one of two places (Don’t ask!)
        Either here http://www.vodahostdomains.com/
        Or more lightly to be here. https://vodahost.com/modernbill/ if it’s a newer account.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• BKR
          Corporal

• Oct 2007

Thanks A LOT Chris,

Ok the account is newer and after going to https://vodahost.com/modernbill/ I just get billing info but there is nothing for accessing the domain area. The first site vodahostdomains.com asks for a Login ID but doesnt allow enough characters for the same username info that I use for the vodahost.com/modernbill/ Anyway I think if I can just get into the right place I can redirect my name servers everything should be OK. I'm still somewhat confused. Although I got the welcome e-mail from Voda there was no info on how I can access this. I've been on-line for a few years and have never ran across this type of issue. Probably due to my ignorance, I'm still so used to another hosting co.......

You have been a great help!!!!!!!!!!
          THANKS
          BRIAN

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

http://vodahost.com/modernbill/

(use your email address and the password for your account to log into this area)

Once inside, go to MY SITES, then MY DOMAINS, you should then see the new domain that you purchased, click that domain, on the next page look for CHANGE DNS, then you will see where you must remove the name servers that are there and replace with your two name servers from your main account. You can find the two name servers
            from this page http://www.vodahost.com/login.htm ns.??vodahost.com and ns.??vodahost.com - that is what you must type in the number one and number two position.

If you do not find your domain in here then you must go to the current registrar of your domain and change the servers to point to voda servers there ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• BKR
              Corporal

• Oct 2007

THANKS LADY EYE

I did everything you told me but when I go to my domains the domain name I had transfered is not clickable . When clicking on my packages it says that my status in on. I've tried loging out and back in but it doesn't matter. For some reason I am not able to access my domain area. I can only click the little question mark next to it showing the whois..... I really dont understand why..
              THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

BRIAN

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

hmmm ... Perhaps your domain is in the middle of the transfer, you should have received an email that you would need to reply to regarding the transfer from voda host. I think you may need to open or follow up with the same support ticket and ask what you need to do to finish up the transfer, also at this time, ask support if they will add this domain to your account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X