• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsescrow
    Private First Class

• Jul 2007

website published and not looking right

Hi...

I have published all of my pages for my website at gsescrow.com and if I am viewing them on the computer that I've built the site on everything looks as it should. All of the different fonts are right and it's centered, but if I use any other computer to view my website none of the pages are centered nor are the fonts correct.

Can someone please help! I thank you in advance!

Desperate to get this to the public!
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: website published and not looking right

http://gsescrow.com/ looks ok to me...what is your exact issue???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• gsescrow
      Private First Class

• Jul 2007

If I look at the website on any other computer but this one. All the text is very small and not centered.

For instance I just walked across the hall to my co-workers computer and pulled up the website. Everything is very small and not centered. It's all to the left side of the screen. Escrow FAQ's is the page I just viewed.

Also, at the top of the index page is something that I can't get to come off and I have no idea how it got there. "loop="-1> What is that?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

• mwalsh62
        Major

• Jul 2007

Hi,

Site looks fine to me in both FF and IE (except strange colors for right scroll bar?).

This is line 100 of your page source:
        <bgsound src="<bgsound src="http://www.boomspeed.com/starlight/fff100years.mid" loop=100></bgsound><center>" loop="-1">

You either need a < at the beginning of " loop="-1"> or to get rid of it all together, not sure, first time I've seen it.

Hope this helps,

P.S. Index page is only one that is centered? Better continuity if all are.

Comment

• gsescrow
          Private First Class

• Jul 2007

Can you please explain FF and IE? I am just winging it with building this site.

How do I get rid of it altogether?
          I don't see anything on the page that looks like that (" loop="-1">) until I see it on the site.

Are the Colors on the scroll bar blue and Yellow? If yes, it's because those are our business colors and have been used deliberatly.

Thank you!!!!

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

yes colors on the scrollbar are dk blue and yellow .. perhaps the other computers are viewing in 800 x 600 resolution, different than your resolution - your site views fine for me .. IE6 ... your pages are built at a width of over 900, to ensure all donot have sideways scroll '800 width should be your target, you can set this in the page properties area - right click, properties - here you should also TITLE your pages - this is different from what you have already done in naming, saving & publishing - ...
            It's always a bonus if the navigation bar is in the same area on all pages.
            I don't see anything wrong with the arial font you are using or it's size . and like Mike says, tick center in browser on all your pages - done again in the page property area ...

Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer are the programs that enable you to "GO ON LINE" - when you go to the internet - you may have one or more installed on your computer .. and you can add another if you do not, do you have IE or FF? -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mwalsh62
              Major

• Jul 2007

Hi,

The "loop" thing is some sort of background sound or music? Did you try to install anything like that? I can't hear it if you did!

Where did textured background come from? Perhaps it was attached to that?

Comment

• mrmagoo144
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

what mwalsh is referring to is the source code when you website is comes up. everyone has a source code. to view the source code go to view and click on source.
                This is line 100 of your page source:
                <bgsound src="<bgsound src="http://www.boomspeed.com/starlight/fff100years.mid" loop=100></bgsound><center>" loop="-1">
                Now if you want to fix this code you right click your page and go to page HTML and you will see a box that comes up. This is your code that generates the web page. if you want to fix the code as mwalsh as stated, pull out the entire code by pressing alt "A", then press alt "c" and paste this in your notepad program. Make the change and recopy back to the html box. if you need personal assistance to do this contact me through my website and i would be happy to help you.
                The font looks fine to me so not sure what you are seeing, but once you fix the loop part you should do fine.
                Mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                X