• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ianric
    Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

How do I center my website

I am having real problems getting my site to appear in the middle of the browser. I have tried ticking the appear in the middle box and not ticking. I have made both sides the same size but the central panel is never in the middle. Can any body give me some pointers into where I am going wrong.

Ianric
    Ian
    Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
    ImageWizard.biz
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: How do I center my website

"Centered in Browser" or not, be sure to always have your website 'page' locked to the top-left corner of the BV workpane...... if you are "centering" your page in the BV workpane, say 100 pixels to the right of the left edge of the BV browser, then you will be off-center exactly the same distance from true center online as specified by the page width value you enetered in PROPERTIES!

Everything in web building starts at the X-Y axis referencing to the 0/0 position locasted at top left.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Tom vR
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi Ian,

Nice site. Already in my favorites.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You currently have set your page to "900 wide" in Page Properties (right-click on your page).......you have "offset" your actual page improperly: if the ruler says that you have a 75 pixel width of red "background" to the left of your page base, then simply reset the Guideline to exactly 75 pixels to the right of the page base, and then enter the proper value of page width (the number where your guideline rests on the horizontal ruler) in PAGE PROPERTIES >> click CENTER IN BROWSER, Save the page, and re-publish.

Repeat values for each interior page, republish.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ianric
          Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Vasili, Thank you for your help. I think I understand, I will go and try it out. My imagewizard is not to bad, but I (actually they are my wifes' sites) am having problems with a new one. She has just got a new 20" screen and is working on full screen. I don't know if this would make a difference.

Thanks for the compliment Tom I'll pass it along.

Ian
          Ian
          Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
          ImageWizard.biz

Comment

Working...
          X