• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lincoln
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

BV to write ebooks as website

Hello, does it work to use bluevoda to write ebooks in the form as website and have it compiled by ebooks compiler then to upload to Joomla website.

lincoln
    www.xuankong-liufa.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: BV to write ebooks as website

It doesn't!

Check for compatible import format with the eBay compiler, and backtrack to Joomla formatting guidelines (find it in the online/downloadable User's Manual)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• lincoln
      First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Hi vasili, thank you for your information, seemed alot of technicality involved.So if I prefer to use BV to write ebooks in the form of website.It is website any way converted to ebooks' facilities and format.Many ebooks compliers stated that we need to use any html editor to present a website and to use ebooks complier to conpile the website into ebooks (.exe file)

Is BV an HTML editor within the above defination since it is used to design website.I am not sure about the technicalities involved, I just imagine since BV is a website software or html editor, website designed by BV can be compiled into ebooks. As long as this can be done, I dont mind and I can upload ebooks compiled by this way to non joomla website.

I have been using B/V to design website to be compiled into ebooks as I find B/V very easy to use and I am familiar with it.What is the best alternative if I must use and insist to use B/V designed website compiled into ebooks.What brand of ebooks compiler I must buy that support this compilation

lincoln
      www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

This may or may not help. You can write an ebook in microsoft word and then convert the ebook into a downloadable pdf format .. There is a free pdf converter available here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• lincoln
          First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Hi ladyeye, thank, I would love to have my ebooks in the format as.exe file instead of pdf format.Is there any other way around to go about it with BV as the main html editor.My ebooks is already more than There Half way.I have tried many ebook writer and compiler and even dreamveaver,I finally decide to use BV which is easier for me to control and manage My ebooks presentation which have a lot of charts and photo drawing. There is one Main big chart at least in each pages.I have to arrange properly many charts to tell the event and relationship of story each chart carry in each pages.

lincoln

lincoln
          www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

• lincoln
            First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Beside, My ebooks requires maximum security features as it is for commercial sales and NOT for free circulation

lincoln
            www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Lincoln:

Just a couple of things ... an .exe file is an executable file, meaning this is a file that is used to install and run programs, meaning it is a program that has been created and these are the types of files that computer users must be aware of as they can contain viruses, so it really is not a recommended file for you to have for your customers, nor does this work the same for a text file which you are creating.

Your ebook is a text file - you are writing text .. so the extensions for a text file are usually .txt or .doc (dependent which program you are using to create the file). If you then turn this document into a .pdf, this makes your file readable by the acrobat reader as well as secures it's contents, meaning it cannot be changed, your copy cannot be altered.

You could then zip this document into a folder and it will be downloaded as a .zip file ..

You can sell your ebook and have users pay for this ebook by setting this all up yourself. However, keep in mind that this usually means you have to have this ebook is a protected area of your site, which users only get the url to do so once they have purchased. Keep in mind too, that this does not prevent a purchaser from emailing this around themself, well depends on the size of the ebook and their email systems, but there are ways around that as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• lincoln
                First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Hi, thank for your professional info.Basically I am authoring a series of books on chinese ancient science of feng shui and 4 Pillars Astrology and other research finding publication, translating and decoding of xuankong verses in few languages.Yearly publication of Taisui effect for each and every year to come.

There are a lot of charts created using power points with explaination texts to form the main content of all ebooks' pages.The content of ebooks and charts must not be copied by unauthorized sources.Even individual purchaser cannot copy and distribute freely.It is also locked to the computer that is registered on point of transaction.

So far I know professional ebooks compliers have that sort of features and key maker that are needed in the system I want to have.My researches on the inter net and from articles written by all ebooks authors confirmed they used this system I have mentioned hereof.I have not heard of anything of pdf format any professional authors have used and recommended.

There is a download page in my website where purchases key in the required password I have sent them, to download the ebooks.I will contact you tomorrow if I have the time, otherwise on the next day.

lincoln
                www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

• lincoln
                  First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Ok, what if I use B/v to write ebooks in the form of website as sub domain like ebooks.xuankong-liufa.com published as additional site.Can I password protect this additional site or to have some sort of Fees Paid control access which mean only fees paid customer can log in?

Thank
                  www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Lincoln

I have just sent you mail, have a look and see if that is what you are needing ...

Regards,
                    LadyEye

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X