• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveS
    Corporal

• Apr 2007

Page Displaying different in IE and FireFox

Hello,
    I am having a problem with a page on a site displaying different in IE than it does in FireFox. It is the main page of http://www.salmuspublishing.com . If you look at it in IE you will see a text block that I highlighted by putting a bright yellow box behind it. The page displays fine in IE and when I created it in Blue Voda.

But, if you look at that same page in FireFox it is not showing the box highlighting the same block of text. I am not sure if it is the box creeping up in the layout, or the text of the page creeping down further, but it is not lined up correctly.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Page Displaying different in IE and FireFox

Hi, common problem with the 2 browser. I can only suggest build your site in FF which will leave a slightly larger gap when viewed in IE. Or put this central area into a table of 1 column & maybe 4 or 5 rows. & spilt the paragraphs into each row. This can help a lot.

Good luck
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• DaveS
      Corporal

• Apr 2007

Thanks, Chris. I was considering the table option and that is probably what I will end up doing. I was jsut hoping maybe there would be a fast tweak in CSS that would make them format the same. Guess no such luck.

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

• gmyatt
        Private

• Mar 2006

I am having an issue where the web page in IE looks just like it did in BlueVoda but there is a line going through the area that has the links for all the other pages when viewed in Firefox.

The website is www.brockmanslandscaping.com

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
        Grayl

Comment

Working...
        X