hi, FTP question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, FTP question please

hi, still trying to get head around this, can i just ask?

i have pretty much made a big mess, i have files and folders published all over the place many unlinked and stuff.

is FTP used to tidy all this up? if i delete everything in FTP and then republish all the neccesary saved files in bluvoda, does that remove everything useless?

is this neccesary, does it matter?

Re: hi, FTP question please

A FTP is used to manage your files and folders on your website, not necessarily for the specific reason for tidying up your files.

If you delete everything in your public_html and republish just the files you want it will get rid of the unneeded files. But unless you are actually viewing the files through such means as a FTP, the file organization doesn't really matter. Its not hurting anything if there are a bunch of extra files on your website, you have plenty of web space. It only matters if it is so cluttered that when you look at a list of the files it impairing your ability to find the one you are looking for.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: hi, FTP question please

thanks mate,

you are terrific at xplaining things, that made total sense to me, alot about this stuff doesnt you know, so i appeciqated the response and explaination

Comment

Working...
      X