Using Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Templates

When I use the template from Can I use them in BlueVoda or do I need something like Dreamweaver or Frontpage?

Also, if I can use BlueVoda for this, is it similar to the free templates. (Like, are they "click and drag" instead of annoying codes which I have no idea about?)
    www.filtrexsystems.com - Industrial and Municipal Filtration Systems! (My First Site)

Re: Using Templates

Originally posted by Filtrex View Post
    When I use the template from Can I use them in BlueVoda or do I need something like Dreamweaver or Frontpage?

Also, if I can use BlueVoda for this, is it similar to the free templates. (Like, are they "click and drag" instead of annoying codes which I have no idea about?)

What template did you purchase? Did you purchase one from this link?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yea Sorry I gave you the wrong link.

I havent yet purchased it because I am worried I am not going to be able to use it.
      www.filtrexsystems.com - Industrial and Municipal Filtration Systems! (My First Site)

Comment

Originally posted by Filtrex View Post
        Yea Sorry I gave you the wrong link.

I havent yet purchased it because I am worried I am not going to be able to use it.

Yes okay ... well if you click on the template you will usually be able to see something like this ...

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:

For uncompressing a template ZIP package:
        WinZip 9+ (Windows);
        Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);
        Adobe Photoshop CS+;
        Adobe Dreamweaver (or Microsoft Frontpage 2003, or Microsoft Expression Web);
        Adobe Flash 8;

Meaning - you will need those programs to do any editing, no they are not drag and drop features like blue voda ...

In most cases, unless you design from the shapes and things within blue voda, you will need an editing program.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Is Stuff it Required?

Also can I get away with just using Photoshop because I cant afford Dreamweaver.

I need to get these templates! xD

Comment

Here is a good read for you ...

How To Create a Professional Website Using Ready Made Templates VodaHost Templates offers 1000's of template combinations to choose from

And, if you were really stuck on one of those templates and did not have the editing program or knowledge, you can hire people to do so for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

So this whole Custom Website thingy is basically you sit down and just tell them what to do? Is there an extra charge?

So confused......gonna read every word on this site!!!!!!

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie here just starting to build my own website. I've downloaded the templates but when I import them to the page, it does not cover the entire page length. It stops at 700 on the grid and when I preview it, the right side of the page is not covered by the template. Would be grateful for advice as to how to stretch the templates such that it covers the entire page in length and width.

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bertrande View Post
                  Hi, I'm a newbie here just starting to build my own website. I've downloaded the templates but when I import them to the page, it does not cover the entire page length. It stops at 700 on the grid and when I preview it, the right side of the page is not covered by the template. Would be grateful for advice as to how to stretch the templates such that it covers the entire page in length and width.

Many thanks!

Hi .. right clicking anywhere on your page will give you the menu to choose page properties, you can adjust the sizes of your pages there in the drop down menu. Probably the best width for you to build your page at is '800 especially given the fact that your template is smaller. Start your page to the top left corner, and set your page width to '800 - the length can vary ..

The templates are smaller than '800 so stretching this will distort it's appearance, and not what you want, it is an image, so a couple of options for you, 1) go into an image editing program and build or add on/ or 2. build around your template within bluevoda via the use of shapes ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    The templates are smaller than '800 so stretching this will distort it's appearance, and not what you want, it is an image, so a couple of options for you, 1) go into an image editing program and build or add on/ or 2. build around your template within bluevoda via the use of shapes ..
                    ... using the resizing option, hand enter the numerical values to increase size of your template image.

Keep in mind tht maximum recommended overall web page size is still 800 pixels wide, and re-sizing you template image larger than 775 or 820 will show obvious distortions, so try to keep your new size no larger tha 775 wide.....
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your prompt and helpful responses!

B

Comment

Working...
                      X