• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wball
    Corporal

• Jun 2006

Placing Adsense on site

I am trying to place Adsense on the page Im building but it seems to not come up at all.

What I have tried so far.

1.Copied adsense code and clicked the HTML button in taskbar. Added to the html box that appears. Tried previewing site in browser. Nothing shows up.

2.Also tried it with the javascript button. Still nothing.

3.Tried to add it to the PAGE HTML when I right clicked on the page. Still nothing.

Do I have to write a specific html tag to get this to show up? Anyone can help I will much appreciate it.
    Last edited by wball; 11-19-2007, 02:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Placing Adsense on site

There is no reason why this shouldn't work, so long as:

1) You have a Google Adsense account
    2) You copy and paste the code EXACTLY as they give you
    3) You don't try and place more than the allowed amount of block adverts on any one page.

Now, occasionaly I have published before and my adsense hasn't shown. This can sometimes be down to Google and not you. Have you tried leaving it for a day and seeing if it appears?

I also just noticed in your post above that you are trying to preview it... Sorry... try publishing it! I don't think it works on preview all the time.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• philipc9635
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

As well as that you should always keep the size of the html box the same dimensions as the adsense dimensions.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• judavvforum
        Major

• Nov 2007

I'm also looking at Adsense, and they did mention that it may not show up for up to 24 hrs. Also, do think I remember they said it had to be published to see the ads!

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

If your site has good content it should appear a lot quicker than 24 hours. In my experience in the last four years I have been running Google Adsense it has been immediate.

All those thinking of placing adsense on your site, please don't think this is a get rich quick scheme. There are many things to consider before thinking about using such a form of revenue.

1) If you sell products or a service from your website bear in mind that you have very limited control on what adverts will appear. This could take potential business away from you and the small revenue earned from Adsense will probably not cover this loss.

2) Give your site a while to mature. This could be months or even years. To get enough revenue from Adsense to make it worthwhile your site must be generating a huge amount of traffic. Getting 20 or 30 visits to your site will probably generate you around $10 - 20 a month if you are lucky!

3) It is not a simple case of just finding some spare space on your site to place money making adverts. It takes years of experience to work out the best way to display such features to maximise your earnings.

4) Tempting though it may be to click on these adverts on your own site... DO NOT! Not even once! You don't need to test it, if it displays then it is working. Google have software in place to know exactly where every click comes from. Getting your friends to click on the adverts from their PC is a huge no no too! They will catch you and then you could lose your account permanently!

I have generated quite a nice little income from Adsense, but this is only because the sites I display them on are very mature, they have been around a while and generate plenty of traffic. I also get a good income because I have maybe 12 -15 sites with Adsense and the total amount from all the sites makes it worthwhile. One or two sites will not get this for you unless you are incredibly lucky!

The sites I display Adsense on are mainly information websites, such as directories or 'How to rear a dog' type website. I do this because firstly, I don't sell anything on these sites, so I actualy don't mind 100% of my readers clicking on these adverts, and two, sites of this nature get hits due to the large volume of pages and content.

So only consider using Google Adsense if you are prepared to work very hard and wait a very long time for it to take off. Also ensure that you have calculated what the effect will be of visitors being taken away from your site as a result of this.

Otherwise... I wish you all the best : - )
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
          X