Is there some way to change the user name ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • www.zdiaz.com
    Private

• Nov 2007

Is there some way to change the user name ?

Hello all,

I was just wondering why the user name assigned to me is an unintelligible word. Just a bunch of letters. (Example: oirudnsglk) I emailed blue voda about this and they said I can't change it because of security reasons.

Is there a way to change this ? I want it changed since I have to go to my email, copy and paste the user name before I could log in.

Wisdom, Knowledge, Adventure, hacks for polymaths ... Life
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Is there some way to change the user name ?

That is not how it works....your VodaHost Account User Name is randomly assigned to thwart unauthorized access to your account, and cannot be changed. You may change your password within the security parameters established, however, and it is recommended you do so regularly.

Your Email Access is a completely different matter entirely, and is predicated on you properly establishing any number of aliases your desire within the MAIL section of your Control Panel. You can automatically configure your domain email aliases for both Outlook and Outlook Express in the same dialog panel, or elect to use Webmail exclusively......the choice is yours.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the entirety of your VodaHost account by first studying the Tutorials for your Control Panel, and then the Email Tutorials.
    When you have learned how to be effective, then you should access your Control Panel and start setting your personal options therein.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X