second domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second domain

I want to register my second site. Am I starting from scratch with a new domain name or is your first domain always your main one and all the others just linked, if you know what I meen.. The first domain was free registering. The second one must be paid for?

Re: second domain

Originally posted by Lenie View Post
    I want to register my second site. Am I starting from scratch with a new domain name or is your first domain always your main one and all the others just linked, if you know what I meen.. The first domain was free registering. The second one must be paid for?
    Hi Lenie:

You can have an unlimited amount of domains within your one voda host account provided they are your websites and within the TOS of Voda Host.

Your main domain refers to your public_html directory .. all of the webpages you create and publish for your main domain are stored and published to the public_html directory (folder)..

Any new domains, that yes you must purchase, are then purchased, and you must log into your vbs billing and change the name servers after purchasing your new domain from voda host, and then you must add on this domain in your control panel. When adding on this domain a folder (directory) is created and all webpages that you create will then be published to it's folder - the path would lead to public_html/nameofnewdomain - this would be the directory that you publish to. You will need to type the new domain name after the public_html/ in the publish box in blue voda. Then when you publish any pages to your main domain again you will need to remove this from that publish area and again just publish to public_html

It is a good idea, to make a new folder on your own computer, within MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA to store these newly created webpages for your new domain. This will prevent any overwriting of these .bvp files on your own computer ..

So the steps:

1. Purchase your new domain from voda host
    2. After receiving confirmation, log into your VBS (Voda Billing Services) and change the name servers to the identical two name servers that are in your "log in information" email
    3. Log into your control panel
    4. Choose the icon, ADD ON Domain
    5. A folder will be created
    6. Create a new folder on your computer to save your newly created .bvp files in
    7. Publish these new .bvp files to public_html/nameofnewdomain
    8. Keep in mind, this new domain will also need an index page created and published as you have done with your main domain.
    9. The website will be found via the domain name you have chosen (and will be independent from your main domain)
    10. An add-on Domain is not to be confused with a sub-domain - which is different - it is free - also unlimited - but relies on the address of your main domain to operate - it is not independent of your main domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X