Switching to Blue Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to Blue Voda

Back in the day, I created my webpage using frontpage (which compares NOTHING to BV). Right now, when someone types my company name on google, it comes up first.

As u can imagine, the website looks pretty old and needs to be updated. My question is, if I make a new, better looking webpage, but to the same name, will this affect my ranking (as in people typing my company name on google and me coming up first?).

So basically I will be getting rid of the webpage that is up now and replace it with an updated on on BV. I registered the site a number of years ago with godaddy.

Will my company still come up number 1 on the google search engine if I make a new webpage on BV and replace the old one? Or is it like starting all over?
    Everyday you are healthy is good day!

Re: Switching to Blue Voda

As long as you don't change any of the page names, and keep the seo that you have - or improve on it - there is no harm in moving - and if done right, it will help you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
      As long as you don't change any of the page names, and keep the seo that you have - or improve on it - there is no harm in moving - and if done right, it will help you.
      Bethers, thank u for your response, and please be patient with me as i am pretty stupid when it comes to this part of website making.

1. I must 1st cancel my hosting with godaddy and switch it to BV, correct? And do I just call GD and tell them that?

2. I don't even have the computer that I made the website with, using frontpage...the computer got a virus and I did away with it. Is that going to be a problem?

3. Is it easy to find what page name(s) I saved them as?

4. What is seo?

Again, my main concern is I want to keep my google standing, as 1, when someone types in my company name on google. Hope to hear from u soon, and thanks again!
      Everyday you are healthy is good day!

Comment

Originally posted by avtothei View Post

4. What is seo?

Again, my main concern is I want to keep my google standing, as 1, when someone types in my company name on google. Hope to hear from u soon, and thanks again!
        I just wanted to point out about your search engine results .... I'll leave the other questions for someone better qualified to answer.

SEO is Search Engine Optimisation. i.e. optimising your pages so they are both search engine friendly and provide the search engines with the best information to match with enquiries (searches) of users looking for products or information that YOUR site contains.

You mentioned a couple of times that your ranking is Number 1 for people searching for your Company Name. That's an easy accomplishment for the Search Engine because the Searcher already KNOWS your name. :) What you want to achieve is to have people looking for your type of product or service to find YOUR company without necessarily knowing you before hand. That is a big difference.
        Hope someone can explain the other queations to you better than I'd be able to.
        Regards,

Comment

My reply is within your questions:

Originally posted by avtothei View Post
          Bethers, thank u for your response, and please be patient with me as i am pretty stupid when it comes to this part of website making.

1. I must 1st cancel my hosting with godaddy and switch it to BV, correct? And do I just call GD and tell them that?
          Yes and no - you do not need to cancel that hosting until AFTER you have the site up and running on VH using BV. You can accomplish this by building the site anew and publishing all the pages. When you are finished, then you can go to GoDaddy and REDIRECT your domain to the VH server. After the redirect is complete and the new BV site is showing, you can then cancel the GoDaddy hosting (but NOT the fact that your domain name resides there!)

2. I don't even have the computer that I made the website with, using frontpage...the computer got a virus and I did away with it. Is that going to be a problem?
          No - won't matter at all.

3. Is it easy to find what page name(s) I saved them as?
          The page names will be how they show in the browser window - so yes.

4. What is seo?
          Search Engine Optimization - and the other reply you got is vital - as unless everyone already KNOWS your name - being #1 for it isn't really important - it's more important to build the site to be found by the terms people WILL be using to search to find sites that do what you do. Read the ebook in my signature :)

Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X