• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angel dormer
    Private

• Jan 2008

Previewing Web Pages

Can somebody please tell me why my web page is different in preview than what I created? When I space everything out and use the exact size font that I want so that the page looks balanced, I click on preview in default browser and it's all different. Not completely different, just different size font and spacing is all different. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Angel
    www.helpyourselfto.com
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Previewing Web Pages

Angel ... When you place text into a text box, be sure to make the text box a bit larger than the text you place in it.. in other words.. do not close the text box in tight around the text... some times bringing the text box in to tight will give a different register and placement of the text than you want... Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Remember as well to use web friendly fonts - not everyone has identical fonts on their computer and their computer will revert to their own default font which can be a size difference and create problems ..

If you want to use special fonts, you will need to create a text image .. be careful where you use text images though as you want the search engines to read your text content ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• angel dormer
        Private

• Jan 2008

No, that didn't fix it. I tried making the box larger, but it makes no difference. I also thought that maybe I didn't have the same font that I was using for my web page, but I opened up a Word doc and I do have it. I wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X