• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fitz04
    Private

• Jan 2008

navigation/home page set up

How do I insert my navigation menu??? do you use a table like in all other programs? I have watched the tutorials but they do not answer the questions that I have. Once you select a template not sure what to do next...
  • Meanderer
    Major

• Aug 2007

Re: navigation/home page set up

OK, so you have watched the tutorials but have you experimented on a blank page??
    BV is just TOO EASY to put elements onto a page!!!
    Try doing this. Open a blank page to experiment. Look at the Menu bar that is closest to the work area on the left. The 4 bottom buttons are different styles of menus. Click on each one and then drag/move each to a new area so they aren't overlapping. Then right click on each and selct properties. Surely you will be able to follow from there ......
    Play with ALL the elements of BV builder this way and you'll get a feel for how they work.
    If this is your first website then I suggest you read posts on PLANNING your site first and then working your plan well. For instance, If your Menu bar is going to be in the same place on every page (or any other element like banners, logos etc., then I highly recommend using the method NavalDesign came up with in his post HERE. I found this to be one of the most useful and helpful tricks in building a website both saving heaps of time and appearance when viewer is going from page to page.
    Good luck .... don't rush it. :)
    Regards,
    Rick

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: navigation/home page set up

here is the link - they don't refer it to navigation bars, but as menu bars.

another thing i have learned to use is the search feature here. if you type in navigation bar into the box you will come up with all the threads pretaining to this topic. you may want to use this before posting any questions, it may save time, but if you still cant find it or dont understand it there are a number of pros here.
      good luck, and i hope this helps,
      mrmagoo144
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
      X