• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: text menu bar doesnt workproperly

We can see your site, but we can't see your screenshot, This url will not take us to it.

I would take Darren's kind offer of looking at your page if you send it to him via email as this is probably the only way to tell what you have done wrong.

In answer to your rant earlier, whatever your problems, WILL be something YOU have done and not anything to do with the capabilities of BV. It could be some html coding you have placed on a page that may effect something else, this happens and can be sorted but you need to allow us to help you and calm down a bit or you will find people will not respond.

As I said earlier, take Darren's offer up so he can look into it for you. It is probably your best bet.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
      Special Status

• Oct 2007

Ok I've got your email and I can see that are using html code, which is OK but a fiddly and you can't get a feel for the positions until you preview or publish.

I looked on your existing site and hovered my mouse over the banners and they all point to different addresses.

Have you tried (instead of using html) inserting the actual image, using the roller over tool and then double clicking it to enter the destination url?

Darren

PS what is your name??

Comment

• travelspec
        Corporal

• Nov 2007

the url is suposed to work,i click on it and it works...try waiting a minute or 2 (depending on ure computer)till it downloads the picture from my mail to the screen..thnks

And u are right..it might be an htnl code..but id have to take each and every one of and putit back on,to figure witch one does the glitch..what if its nt that in the end?..ill try that first and lett u know after.I also took exemlpe of the tutorial for my website,i used an image(saved as template)then i added shapes around to make it the whole template..but i did add 3 pictures on top(that did never affect unless after i started adding some banner into the shapes that it did...i dnt know..)well see lets try #1 soltution first.the only thing is that i have a bad feeling something else or different might happen..as i did have to do it 3 times over cus of these htmls pushing my stuff away.Why is it that the html code is no good..from the company who makes it or from the affiliates i take them?Thnks again and sorry if i sounded rude..guess ive been on this case for a day or two and its really nt fun that it always finds a way to get me a new problem withthese html(i have no choice to avvertise with banners..i dont sale,im affiliated..so its a different type..lets say)

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        We can see your site, but we can't see your screenshot, This url will not take us to it.

I would take Darren's kind offer of looking at your page if you send it to him via email as this is probably the only way to tell what you have done wrong.

In answer to your rant earlier, whatever your problems, WILL be something YOU have done and not anything to do with the capabilities of BV. It could be some html coding you have placed on a page that may effect something else, this happens and can be sorted but you need to allow us to help you and calm down a bit or you will find people will not respond.

As I said earlier, take Darren's offer up so he can look into it for you. It is probably your best bet.

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Not a problem, I understand your feelings as I know you just want to get your site right and working. I am sure Darren will be able to sort this for you, any problems I would also be willing to help you free of charge. Again though, like Darren I would need to be sent the page by email too. But let's wait to see what Darren can find out first for you.

The affiliate html code shouldn't conflict, but anything like that game you have on your homepage might.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
            Special Status

• Oct 2007

Ramsey I've been sent a screen shot of BV which is has mostly html code boxes on it and as you probably know you need to preview to get the positions absolutely right.

Now if you look at his existing site (address further up) each one of his banners can be saved as giffs and inserted as an image and then all he would have to do is link it to the correct url. and then hey presto!

At least this way he can actually see what he is doing. What do you think?

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
              Ramsey I've been sent a screen shot of BV which is has mostly html code boxes on it and as you probably know you need to preview to get the positions absolutely right.

Now if you look at his existing site (address further up) each one of his banners can be saved as giffs and inserted as an image and then all he would have to do is link it to the correct url. and then hey presto!

At least this way he can actually see what he is doing. What do you think?
              It IS the way I would do it, but the way he has done it should still be ok though. I am a bit lost at the moment with what exactly are the faults he has... I can see a load of links at the bottom of his page which I am presuming are the ones he wants to go horizontal right? what else are his issues exactly?

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
                Special Status

• Oct 2007

Ramsey I have forwarded you his email

Darren

Comment

• travelspec
                  Corporal

• Nov 2007

Thanks..i finally found it with the fact that i copied and pasted unto an other blank page in order to figure out witch one it was and it is one of these 2 "a search box from GO-DO activities from clixgalore affiliates" and "a text link from aspiringgolfer also from clixgalore affiliates" just in case the same happens to someone else that has a travel page and uses banners from there...thanks again..and hope i wont have to come repost soon for another problem lol..Those html...cnt get in their ways seems.

Comment

Working...
                  X