Amending Index Page HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amending Index Page HTML

www.chinabluefish.com is the site. I submitted it to SiteReportCard HTML checker site and it reported that I had some errors in the HTML. It also corrected the errors and said I could cut and paste them in my page.

How do I replace the HTML of the Index page? I tried but it would not let me erase the old HTML.

Re: Amending Index Page HTML

Hi, to get full access to the html on a page, you can do this via your control panel by clicking on the file & using the Edit file facility. But i am not sure if any of the errors are in the BV scripts & if this may upset the working of the page if changed. Remember that if you publish again after altering the page via the control panel it will revert back to the normal BV version that was published in the 1st place.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the response Chris. I need a solution to editing the Index Page HTML at the BV webbuilder level. As you mentioned, if I change it via the CPanel my working page on my computer will still be the old version. So how do I amend the Index page HTML?

Comment

Hi, can you post the parts that seem to be the problem, & the fixes suggested. There are some parts of BV you can cut out, alter & change.
        Then put them back in via the html box. But there is quite a bit you cant get to very easily to do this.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris I want to thank you for your patience. I'm totally inept when it comes to web building.

Go to http://www.sitereportcard.com/ Put www.chinabluefish.com in the URL box. Then click on the "check" button. After a short while a new report page will appear. You can click on the box that says "HTML" and it will show you the errors and provide a corrected HTML.

It is this corrected HTML that I wish to cut and paste into my Index at the page html spot. I went to View and then selected Page HTML. I attempted to paste the correct html...and it does paste in wherever you want it.....the issue is that I cannot delete the old HTML.

Why do all this? Because this page should start clean so that as I add to it there won't a large crashing sound in the future due to my negligence now.

Once again..thanks. I hope this can be done.

Comment

One more thought. The original Index Page already has it's own HTML in the grayed out area. When you paste something it does show up highlighted in the upper area and, yes, you can delete it. But I want to delete and replace the original HTML that appears in the grayed out area above when you initially go there.

Comment

I followed all the suggestions on the forum but I still can't change the default HTML of the Index page. It does seem possible to change it from the control panel but then the working page on my computer is still the same

Comment

Hi, i wouldn't worry to much about it. Try putting? google.com, yahoo.com, or ebay.com in the same tester & see the faults that come up. There are a few of things that will get the list down a bit, like naming the alt tags on your images.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Put all of the new HTML into a new blank page (in an html box) and save and publish. I would store your old page in a new folder inside your
                  "My Documents/Bule Voda" folder to keep from overwriting the page with all of your 'working" info. Save As...then publish.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Working...
                  X