font colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• font colors

I'm having a few difficulties getting the font color I want. On the layout page it's perfect, then when I preview and publish the colors change - tips please. I realise there are a few places to format the colors, which I think I've done.. .however they're just not looking the way I want. I've got colored backgrounds to the text on the front page which isn't showing at all.
    www.madinmelbourne.com.au
    the ART of Making A Difference

Re: font colors

You are serious, aren't you? LOL! Well, here goes: Every program, every computer, and every monitor renders images, colors, and definition separately and independently from each other.

What you see in BV will probably differ from what you see in PREVIEW (which is why we recommend using it prior to Publishing), and once published, it will look differently as well -- as your monitor settings allow. Even if you have the same system and settings across the board, display will vary slightly even due to connection variables.

If you are describing glaring differences in colors, I would suggest returning your settings closer to defaults, or 1024x768 with color defaults reset. This should allow much more unifrmity for your proofing.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Perhaps what may be happening is you have a background color applied to some of the text and you didn't realize you did this, can happen very easy.. right beside the text tool (the very next one on the right) in blue voda is the background color of the text tool .. if you do not want a background color applied to the text, highlight the text, then choose the background color tool and hit reset - if this doesn't change the background color of the text for you you will need to just retype the text again without background color. At times when you are copying and pasting from one page to another you can get this result, the backgrounds will come with it and perhaps you didn't want that ..

not sure without seeing the page ..

If they are links, it could be that you need to set a link style for the color, because without setting a style all links will show according to the link colors you have set in page properties as opposed to the color you may have typed them on a page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also - to add to the above 2 - there are only a certain amount of colors that are "true" colors on the web - I think the total is 216. If you look at one of the color charts, or wheels, and select to use only those colors, it should look closer. One such chart is: http://www.trainingtools.com/Resources/Color_Chart/ - the colors showing on the left are the true colors.

However, individual computers are still going to have variances in their own settings.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks guys, yes I'm serious... I'm talking completely different colors ie red should be green, white background should be red etc. Thanks Ladyeye, will check out your suggestions, however I think that somewhere the fonts are programmed to be a specific color... over-riding the tabs on the tool bar. The preview page is absolutely completely 100% different to the layout page, I've got alternate lines highlighted in red, blue, orange, green and the preview/publish pages show purple text on white. On some pages the text is orange on white, yet every page shows purple on white. Sorry should have been more specific... I realise computer colors differ on different screens.

oh, and here's the site

Comment

I've looked in page properties and set the font, scrollbars, links to different colors... nothing's happening. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Still nothing happening with the font colors... on page properties I've chosen blue as text, pink as link, purple as active link, space bar green, tracker bar pale blue. It's just not a'happening. Please, anybody got any suggestions?

Comment

a few issues have clunked this weekend

with a sigh of relief and dance around the computer room. The font is happening and the colors are showing on MY SCREEN too! Now I can start to create with a few other BV buttons!!!

Comment

Working...
                X