showing video and text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: not showing video and text

ok if your movie is only a advert and i have viewed it and think it is then have a look HERE But if your movie is supposed to be interative then we have a problem. please remember the movie is 25.8mb so depending on your internet conection might be a bit slow loading.

have done it in the size you had.
    but seem to be a sink problem

Comment

after watching the hole movie that atempt was terrible bad dude

Comment

ok got this time Link added a contol panel but can take it out.

Comment

hwhat do you mean "attempt terrible"? Picture bad? couldn't get it at all? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthiehughes View Post
            hwhat do you mean "attempt terrible"? Picture bad? couldn't get it at all? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?
            the conversion i did and posted the link was bad the video was out of sink with the audio fixed that now in the link i posted last.

Comment

Re: showing video and text

I downloaded the convert and saved it in my pc. then i went to bv and saved it & published. I tried going into the site again & it came out all funky. white screen with all sorts of signs and jibberish. Did that happen to your too?

Comment

I have been trying to upload this blessed video for days now. I have taken everyones advice and I still have no resolve. I'm pretty much ready to quit.

Comment

I have been trying to upload this blessed video for days now. I have taken everyones advice and I still have no resolve. I'm pretty much ready to quit.
                  No, don't be quitting on us now, more help is on the way .. just hang tight

The video obviously is able to play as aliens put it on his website .. so it will work for you .. I'll grab his attention if I see him, but in the meantime others may come and help .. hang on ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Due to the shear size of the video 25mb it will take a while to upload, also depends on the internet speed you have, the problem you are probably having is timing out were your ftp manager closes before the file has finished uploading. you could try changing the time out settings on your ftp, if your still have a problem uploading due to intenet speed then contact she will know what to do.

Comment

I actually resolved late yesterday. I have DSL and spead really was not the problem. The flick was just not uploading to the site. I tried flash, real player and the other ones available until the last one quicktime. Which finally did the trick. Since I had the video on a cd in two different forms I tried them both with each program. And HALELUIA! I got it. Trial and error. I'm glad you guys didn't give up on me. I was so frustrated cause I spent SOOOOOOOO much money on having a pro do my video and not being able to put it on the net would have defeated the purpose. Thanks a bunch ladyeye and alien
                      Last edited by ruthiehughes; 01-17-2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

check it out now...it's just what I wanted. And I did it myself.

www.sellwithruthie.com

Comment

Great News!!
                          Just a quick suggestion for you though ...

Since it is quick time that opens this video for you and us, you may find that some visitors to your site do not have quick time installed on their computers. I would be tempted to offer a few words and the link to quicktime for viewers to be able to download and install quicktime so they are able to view your video. Without it, they won't be able to play it .. I also recommend Quicktime Alternative as opposed to quicktime ..

QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt, .3gp and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player.

You can read more and use this link as the one to direct your visitors should they need the quick time player installed to view your video ...

Get QuickTime Alternative, a free replacement for QuickTime Player, from Free-Codecs. Enjoy playback of QuickTime files without installing Apple's software

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok for me the newbie ... all I need to do is put the QT icon in there with a link to the above link you provided? Or is it more confussing? (Things are not that easy for me)

Also I was looking at some other sites that had a different background color and it seemed happier and "popped" ... what do you think? I chose that color just because it is one of my company's colors. But it seems kinda blah!

Comment

ok for me the newbie ... all I need to do is put the QT icon in there with a link to the above link you provided? Or is it more confussing? (Things are not that easy for me)

Also I was looking at some other sites that had a different background color and it seemed happier and "popped" ... what do you think? I chose that color just because it is one of my company's colors. But it seems kinda blah!
                              Hi Ruthie .. yes, you could put the qt icon there - it doesn't need to be a big one .. just maybe something the size of the exit icon you have there, and then you could say "Quicktime is needed to view the video, if you do not have quicktime on your computer, please download the free version here"

I like your colour and if it is your company's colour you should use it .. but perhaps you could do things a little differently if you wanted to ...

- you could make a layered effect ..

- you could apply this colour as a background colour on your page .. (you do this by right clicking and choosing properties, I think you know that)
                              - then you could insert a shape, let's say white, size it to the '800 width by whichever length your page is
                              - then you could apply another shape, same colour as the background and size that within the white shape, a little smaller so it will appear to give it a border effect ..
                              - then you could plop another white shape down ontop of the coloured shape again and place the video on this and your information, since the background to this is white ..
                              - then of course you should add more information to your page .. a nice blurb about you and what you do, unless you are going to create more pages - about us, what we do, services, privacy policy, contact us, etc. ... (you would then need navigation to and from these others pages too.)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to attempt the colour thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X