• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neil_s_dalena
    Private First Class

• Jun 2007

FLASH element overlapping LIGHTBOX PICS

FLASH element overlapping LIGHTBOX PICS
    Voda people, please help me with this one.

I used a flash element and lightbox on my site. The problem is that when i click on the thumbnails in the lightbox, the flash element appears on top of the lightbox pics.

Here's the link http://www.sitangkaiseaweeds.com/auraproducts.html of the site i am working on right now.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

www.sitangkaiseaweeds.com
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: FLASH element overlapping LIGHTBOX PICS

Just see if this will help:

Right click on your Flash element and send it to the Back. If it is an image background you are using, then the Flash will be behind it. Therefor right-click the background image as well and send it to the back.

I hope it helps.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• neil_s_dalena
      Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      Just see if this will help:

Right click on your Flash element and send it to the Back. If it is an image background you are using, then the Flash will be behind it. Therefor right-click the background image as well and send it to the back.

I hope it helps.

thanks for the reply tom.

i tried your idea but it did not help. i still badly need to have this issue resolved so that i could move on to other tasks.

again the link http://www.sitangkaiseaweeds.com/auraproducts.html

anyone please.

Neil

Comment

• Tom vR
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I do not have BV with me at the moment, so I cannot check the lightbox settings.
        Maybe there are some script to resolve this. I'm sure the script experts will be able to assist.

There is some text on the right (off your display area) causing sideway scrolling. Delete that, just maybe it can also help.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

• neil_s_dalena
          Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
          I do not have BV with me at the moment, so I cannot check the lightbox settings.
          Maybe there are some script to resolve this. I'm sure the script experts will be able to assist.

There is some text on the right (off your display area) causing sideway scrolling. Delete that, just maybe it can also help.

Thanks. i will wait for the script experts for this. hope they will read this thread soon.

with regards the text on the side, it's because this is still under construction. i'm dragging them on the side for use later on and i'm sure it did not cause this problem. i also checked on the lightbox settings and nothing there to resolve this.

waiting for assistance...

Neil

Comment

• mrmagoo144
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

i had this problem with a site i built and I had to move the light box down out of the way of the flash. the other thing i see is that you have the flash looping as it plays continuosly. I believe you could fix the looping part in the set up.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• neil_s_dalena
              Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
              i had this problem with a site i built and I had to move the light box down out of the way of the flash. the other thing i see is that you have the flash looping as it plays continuosly. I believe you could fix the looping part in the set up.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

You mean there is no solution to this problem?

With regards the looping part, i really designed it that way.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by neil_s_dalena View Post
                You mean there is no solution to this problem?
                NO ..... you will have to use BV's "Gallery" instead (where the larger image presents on a separate page). I would explore if there was a way to define the "next page" function, and see if you can customise the link as a sizable pop-up browser, similar to an on-click configuration.....that way the larger image pop-up is on top of your page without scrollbars and in a managable size for visitors: you may have to "re-create" the larger images to include the text descriptions if needed to keep everything as a single image the way Gallery requires -- you can do that in Paint easily enough -- and thus avoid the problem of how to include the information as Lightbox would.

Embedding Flash onto a BV page will always 'present' at "front" of page (that is why you could not ~and should not~ SEND TO BACK), and "Lightbox" will also do the same thing, but since it is a script that has a link type of command it will take precedence over any imbedded script such as you Flash file (which is not really inserted into the page, but is recalled from a separate Flash file uploaded to your root directory). It is also why you cannot "lay text over" a Flash box in BV and hope to see it like you would using other types of scripts or static images....

This is why you will need to use Gallery instead, or not use Flash as part of the main page body.

If you really do not want to do things this way, you will need to decide between 2 other solutions:
                1) 'embed' Lightbox manually (add the entire script into a HTML box on the BV page) and configure it the long way. Lightbox is available free as a stand-alone script if you Google it, and this way it is not part of the BV page construct proper.
                2) create a "gallery" in Flash that you can embed along with your show (in the same manner in BV), using either the full Flash software, or as a single production you can create using one of the free Flash utilities (also available if you Search these Forums or Google).
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• LadyEye
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

I think, if it were me, I would move the flash design up into the header area, looks to me like it might fit there perfectly ..

And if you didn't - perhaps moving the images down would allow you to write some descriptive text about your products to the right of the flash show, that would prevent this, looks like this occurs for about 4 rows downward .. .. and perhaps think about having your images 4 wide ...

Just a quick fix ..

Also therapy is spelled incorrectly on your nav button .. no h in therapy ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    I think, if it were me, I would move the flash design up into the header area, looks to me like it might fit there perfectly ..

And if you didn't - perhaps moving the images down would allow you to write some descriptive text about your products to the right of the flash show, that would prevent this, looks like this occurs for about 4 rows downward .. .. and perhaps think about having your images 4 wide ...

Just a quick fix ..

Also therapy is spelled incorrectly on your nav button .. no h in therapy ..
                    Good EYE, m'Lady...LOL

Moving the Flash element up as a header would still "bleed" ..... all about how things are written/how things function....
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Good EYE, m'Lady...LOL

Moving the Flash element up as a header would still "bleed" ..... all about how things are written/how things function....

But wouldn't be bleeding into anything - if this area was then used for text the lightbox images would not be effected - they are fine once you go past the 4th row .. ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Tom vR
                        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi LadyEye,

I wanted to make the same suggestion about moving the Flash thingy up to the top left corner, but then you would have to move (at the same time) the lightbox down -out of site of the Flash element.

It all depends how far you have scrolled down and it differs on different screen sizes. Everytime you launce lightbox, it pops ups in the top center of the page, so if the flash element is still visible the lightbox displays over it.
                        Just another observation, lol....
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

• Nyoman
                          Major

• Sep 2005

it's should work by adding this following parameter in your flash:
                          Code:
                          <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
                          for more information visit http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4201&sliceId=1
                          Nyoman

Comment

• neil_s_dalena
                            Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Thanks everybody for sharing your opinions.

I will try nyoman's script later. For the meantime i tried lady eye's suggestion and the page now looks like this http://www.sitangkaiseaweeds.com/auraproducts.html

If nyoman's recipe will work then i will do both (script and changes in lay out). This site will officially go online wednesday next week with a new domain name.

Other links not yet working because site is still under construction.

Thanks again.

Neil

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Good job Neil .. and the text is very important for your page too .. without text, the search engines do not really know what is on your page, and you don't want that, so you have killed two birds with one stone .. LOL ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X