This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing issue

As a first time builder of a website, I've read the tutorials, forums ,etc and have not found the solution to my problem. I've published my site www.kneemanbarkusbakery.com home page (index) and it works. The second page, about_us, loads in a new window. Therefore, there are two windows open at the same time instead of transitioning from one to the other. It may be a simple name change but I'm too frustrated to find it. Thanks for some help.

ahelmore

Re: publishing issue

Set the "target" of the link to "_self" instead of "_blank"

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

That's so easy. Where did I miss that explanation in the tutorials?

Comment

I spoke too quickly. The pages loaded correctly and I could use the button to get to about_us but could not go back to the home page (index). Where can I find the info about using the elements of "_self", "_blank", etc?

Thank you
        ahelmore
        Last edited by ahelmore; 01-17-2008, 05:34 PM. Reason: to add website name

Comment

I don't know of a specific link, but there really isn't much to them at all.

Literally all there is to it is the "target" determines where the link is opened.

"_self" is the same window
          "_blank" is a new window

there are two others used in frames and only frames, if you don't use frames (which you shouldn't unless you absolutely have to), you don't have to worry about these two below.

"_top"
          "_parent"

The reason you link to home does not work is because it goes to "home.html", but it should be "index.html"

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I've corrected that but when you hit the button to get back to the home page (index) from the "about us", it brings up the explorer screen saying that it can not display the page). Will be pleased to get over this hurdle so I can add some more pages.

Thank you

ahelmore

Comment

Your link is going to

but it needs to be

You just forgot the .com

Register/Login Script

Comment

It is working properly now and I'll soon try to add another page. Thank you very much for your help. If I ever get through this process I'll feel a great sense of accomplishment.

ahelmore

Comment

Working...
                X