Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click An Item & Have It Transfer Info To A Form

Hi :)
    Can anyone tell me how I can create a "Request Estimate" box next to items on my web site that when checked, it will transfer the item's details to pre-fill a Request Estimate form I have programmed?

I don't want users to have to write down item#'s and then go to the Request Estimate page ... I wan them to be able to click the item and let it copy over the item details for them.

Thanks,
    Dee :)

Re: Click An Item & Have It Transfer Info To A Form

If you don't have any type of database set up the easiest way I can think of is to add variable to the url of the link to the Request Estimate form

First you have to make sure your form is published as a .php page

Then add the item number as a variable. For instance if the url to your form is

make the link

where "320483902" is the item number.

And then on your form, set the "value" for the item number field to

<?=$_GET['item']?>

And when the form loads it will take whatever the value of "item=" and put it in the field.

Be aware though, this can decrease security on your site if depending on how you use this.

I hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Click An Item &amp; Have It Transfer Info To A Form

Thanks this is helpful!

How will it decrease security? What could happen?

Comment

Re: Click An Item &amp; Have It Transfer Info To A Form

It would depend on how you use the variables passed in the script.

You should sanitize any data passed by the url, but if you aren't sanitizing the posted form data either its not really an issue.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X