• Show
Clear All
  • faxuno
    Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2008

Background size and style

Hello Voda people!

My question is this:

I have an image like background. I have fit the image as 910 x 730 pixes. When I delete Favourites form in Internet Explorer 7, the image repeats it on the left.

Is it possible to apply a stop to it? I mean an image like background without duplication on the left or on the bottom, for example with borders? And to add another colour in spaces out of image background?
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Background size and style

Hi ...

If you instead insert this as an image on your page, and then go to page properties, set your width at '910 and then choose a background color, tick center in browser, your page will then appear without tiling ..

your image will be in the center, with a background color on the sides - regardless of the viewers screen resolution ..

Now, just a few words of caution though, be sure your image is optimized, dependent on what else will appear on this very same page, you will have to be careful with the kb size of the image ...

you can optimize this image at www.dynamicdrive.com - it will give you about 7 different optimized looks, try and choose the best quality with the least amount of kbs .. if you can get this image down to 50 - 70 kbs and do not put much else in the line of images on your page you should be alright .. just something to keep an eye on ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• faxuno
      Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2008

Thank you a lot!!!!!

Comment

• faxuno
        Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2008

Is it possible to resizing the site when you modify the browser?

I have a doubt making sites, because I don't know if it is better to consider that a user keep his Favourites Windows on the left or not ...

Discussion open ...

Comment

• faxuno
          Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2008

No one has a reply to my question?

Comment

• Meanderer
            Major

• Aug 2007

Hi,
            Follow Lady Eye's way of setting image as background. (Personally I don't think image backgrounds are very viewer friendly).
            If you follow her, you'll have your page set to "centre in page". Your page can only be "static" and not "dynamic". Hence it is totally up to the viewer's Screen resolution as to how much room they have left for a Favourites or History Panel opened on the left side. If they have a large resolution then your page will just move across to the right. Once the side panel is encroaching on Your page, their horizontal scroll bar will come into play for the viewer to use. (Undesirable).
            You know, you can always experiment by using your preview if you haven't an account yet to publish to. If you do have a hosting account, there is no reason why you can't experiment LIVE. It can't do you any harm. People aren't going to see it unless you direct them to it.
            good luck

Comment

Working...
            X