• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Anders
    Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Why arent my tables centered?

I am having an issue. I actually gave up trying to build it for about to months because I got so frustrated.

I centered the table in the build screen. I have clicked centered in web browser, but every time I preview, it seems to be uncentered.
    If a man spoke in the woods, and no woman was around to hear, is he still wrong?
  • DCOFFICESERVICES
    Special Status

• Oct 2007

Re: Why arent my tables centered?

It sounds like, in BV your laying your table in the centre and then you are centering again in properties, hence you are not getting the desired result.

What I've done on a few of my sites is build everthing from the left and leave it there.

When you go properties, center (like you've done), as far as BV is concerned nothing looks different. It's only when you preview or publish it will be centred as it was intended.

Hope that makes sense

Darren

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

You should center the tables in the width of the page. If you are making a page 800px wide the center would be 400 (naturally). However, if you are centering in the complete workspace (could be 1100px wide, for example) then it will be incorrrectly placed (on a 800pxwide page) upon previewing.
      Is that understandable??
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

• Dave Anders
        Private First Class

• Sep 2007

So even if they are off while previewing, it should be right when published?

How do I center into the width?
        If a man spoke in the woods, and no woman was around to hear, is he still wrong?

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

Did you try it my way?

On a New Page

Drop in a table so the left hand side is close to the left edge and come out 800-1000

Find a bit of unused page. Right click, click page properties, and opt to centre

Preview in Browser

Is it Centred now?

Darren

Comment

• sedona
            Major General

• Jun 2007

I do it a little differently. Although I center the page the way Darren does I center elements using the layout tool.
            Layout is up top in your toolbar. Highlight your table > click Layout > click center > click horizontal. You can do this with text boxes and images as well as other elements.
            Good luck!
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• CarbonTerry
              Major General

• Oct 2005

If it is not centered in preview, it will not be centered after publishing.
              See my attached photo.
              Attached Files
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

• sedona
                Major General

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Dave Anders View Post
                I centered the table in the build screen. I have clicked centered in web browser, but every time I preview, it seems to be uncentered.
                Dave, as I reread this I wonder if you are defining your page as your very 1st step? As Carbon Terry has said your page is not the same as your workspace.
                Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Dave Anders
                  Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Thanks guys. I did just notice that the page is set at 800.

Build ing on the left did actually help. Thanks guys. I may try and play a bit and have some more questions.

Comment

Working...
                  X