Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in taking picture

Hi everyone,

While I'm waiting for my account to be reset, I am trying to create a 2nd website that will display picture of jewelry that I am planning to sell online, my question is how can I hide the background on the picture so the jewelry image popup, or do I need to use a special camera to make the background transparent? I am trying to use the lightbox, to make the image look more vibrant.

Any info is appreciated.

Many thanks,
    janeth
    www.millarefoundation.com

Re: Need help in taking picture

you have to delete the background or cut the jewelry out of the background. a great program for picture manipulation is:
    www.getpaint.net
    and it's free.
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi, i have a set up for this at home. With a light box you need to look at ways of getting the light level to 5000/6000 lux. With jewelery you will have better images if you can light from as many sides as possible.
      As well as photography lamps, also have a look at SAD lights for lighting. These work at about the same light level. I found that once the light level was achieved, placing the items on a piece of white silk or similar gave the right effect. If your lights are not at the right intensity you will get an off white background.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Here is an inexpensive way to do this .. it will only cost you basically the cost of a "daylight" light bulb .. and is basically what Chris is suggesting, but using this light tent will give you the results you need ..

DIY light boxes are fantastic for capturing product photos, still lifes, and more. Learn an easy (and cheap!) way to make one at home.

They sell this type of set up, dependent on size of the "photo tent" they can range anywhere from $40.00 & up .. but I think you could create this on your own with the above instructions ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you very much for the info this a great help, I think I take what ladyeye suggesting to make the box this a good idea and inexpensive. My question now is I am just using a regular digital camera do you think it will work, or it will give the same result as the professional camera does.
          janeth
          www.millarefoundation.com

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
            Here is an inexpensive way to do this .. it will only cost you basically the cost of a "daylight" light bulb .. and is basically what Chris is suggesting, but using this light tent will give you the results you need ..

DIY light boxes are fantastic for capturing product photos, still lifes, and more. Learn an easy (and cheap!) way to make one at home.

They sell this type of set up, dependent on size of the "photo tent" they can range anywhere from $40.00 & up .. but I think you could create this on your own with the above instructions ...
            Nice tip LadyEye. It will help a lot of people, thank you.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
              Nice tip LadyEye. It will help a lot of people, thank you.
              That's good Tom .. it's amazing what we can do with a cardboard box eh! LOL .. you should see the noise I can make with pots and pans, LOL .. they dun't call me "Red Green" for nuttin, LOL ..
              - seriously though, I was going to purchase a few years back one of the photo tents, then I thought this money for this is ridiculous, so I made my own.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

..you should sell them cheap cheap...
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Working...
                X