• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gannboy
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

IP address

Hi there,

My name is Eddy, my domain name is www.uniqueasthmatreatmentsecrets.com and my client ID is 6284. I have some inquiries with regards to IP address...

1) I have about 13 sites pointing to my vodahost nameservers..., may I know if all the sites shared the same IP address....

2) I have continue to point domain names onto my vodahost nameservers:

ns9.vodahost.com
    ns10.vodahost.com

Will I be getting the same IP address?

3) If I want a different IP address for each site, how to go about do it...but using vodahost hosting service...

That's all for the moment. Thanks for the help.

Eddy
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: IP address

All of your websites have the same shared ip address, you can request dedicated ip addresses. If you get dedicated ip address' your nameservers would remains as ns9.vodahost.com and ns10.vodahost.com

If you want to get a dedicated ip address for each of your sites vodahost charges $30 USD setup fee as well as a $3 USD monthly fee per dedicated ip address.

I don't know if they will allow you to have 13 dedicated ip addresses.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• gannboy
      Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

Hi Watdaflip,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

If I were to get another account via vodahost.... is it that the IP address will be different.

Thanks again.

Eddy

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

If you made one new account the ip would be different from the old. (Because they would be adding new accounts to a different server by now). But you will still be sharing the same ip address with several hundred other websites (All clients on the same server share the same ip unless they purchase a dedicated ip).

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

If you made one new account the ip would be different from the old. (Because they would be adding new accounts to a different server by now). But you will still be sharing the same ip address with several hundred other websites (All clients on the same server share the same ip unless they purchase a dedicated ip).
          Exactly

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X