• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaykay
    First Sergeant

• Mar 2007

How to get image to left align

I have my page properties set at 800 Wide x 900 high, with an image absolutely left aligned at the top yet when I preview the image it is more or less centred and I have a horizontall scoll bar which I do not want.

Any ideas please
    Julie
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: How to get image to left align

Originally posted by jaykay View Post
    I have my page properties set at 800 Wide x 900 high, with an image absolutely left aligned at the top yet when I preview the image it is more or less centred and I have a horizontall scoll bar which I do not want.

Any ideas please
    Julie

Even if you set your page properties to these widths and lengths, if you apply an image that is outside of those boundaries, your page will widen.
    So be certain your image is not wider than the '800 ..

Also .. tick center in browser in page properties ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• jaykay
      First Sergeant

• Mar 2007

The width of the image is 793

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Can you post the link to your page for us ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• jaykay
          First Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I've only just started to build this one so it isn't published yet.

Comment

• batgirl
            Private First Class

• Feb 2008

I believe this is the same problem my daughter is having, I posted in the adding elements thread and it was suggested that she widen the page and use a scroll bar, she might have to...but if there is another way for her to do it, that would be great.

Original post:

my daughter's site...http://www.nhdproject-evan.com, she is not pleased with the pics on her index page and wants them to run all the way across the page in the browser. She published herself this morning and made her pages 800 in width...she said the pics went all the way across the page in the browser when she had the page at 1300.

She has done this all by herself, she is 10, and is getting a little frustrated at this end stage...

I don't know how to do this, so your help is appreciated.

Also, if you will ensure that your answer is written so she can understand and implement what you have explained, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Comment

• judavvforum
              Major

• Nov 2007

Batgirl

You should keep a watch on your other post! That's where the suggestions will go. I will post more thoughts on this over there!

Comment

• batgirl
                Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Thanks,

I will watch on the other thread, this persons question just seemed to make more sense than mine, so I thought it might be better in this thread...whatever makes it easier for you guys to help.

Thanks so much for your help in this matter, I appreciate it!

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

I think you are trying to do the impossible with blue voda ..With Blue Voda - things will not fill the entire page for everyone as is you are trying to do.

If you wanted the pictures to run across the entire page, some viewers would have sideways scroll, others wouldn't - this all depends on their viewing resolution. You would need your pictures to run 1600 or more wide to satisfy anyone is that resolution and those viewing in 1024 would have sideways scroll - hope this makes sense and you are understanding - Blue Voda website builder does not do what you want, unless you applied the image as a background and NO .. you do not want that ..

As is recommended, to eliminate sideways scroll your page width and all elements placed on the page should be within the '800 width (some people are beginning to use '1000 width as the guidelines, as more than 80% of the internet viewers are using 1000 or wider - however, though you still have that 20% or below - so the choice is yours there) ..

It is best to determine your page width, apply a solid background color and then begin building your page and elements all within this width, tick center in browser and the sides of your page (the background) will fill in the sides for all viewers, regardless of their viewing resolution.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X