• Show
Clear All
  • scottaforbes@gmail.com
    Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

BV page and preview page not the same

Has anyone come across this problem

I make a page in BV as usual with text and pictures and then preview it

The preview does not look like the page I have created.

IE text that is on 2 line on the BV page is on 1 line on the preview or A picture placed below some lines of text has moved position a long way on the preview

as BV is a WYSIWYG editor should not both the "made" page and the preview page look the same?

Help and advice gratefully accepted

Cheers

Scott
    www.dargdaffin.co.uk
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: BV page and preview page not the same

Text can jump if you have not made an allowance for it's expansion when previewed or published .. it is always best to leave a few extra spaces after the last letter in a text box to allow room for this .. if not, the text can jump from one line to the next ...

and remember too about friendly web fonts, although, I don't see this as causing your issues .. since you would have the font for preview or building ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• scottaforbes@gmail.com
      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

Hi

Can you give me a pointer on the friendly web fonts - I have recently moved to Vista and some other (professionally built) web sites do not look right sometimes with text laying across text

Thank you

Scott
      www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Scott:

here is a link that will show you about the fonts ..

A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.

Also - just to mention - if you are using the H1 and H2 tags with your website - these tend to grow larger in size as well and drop down or misalign too .. so you need careful placement of these as well ..

You might consider too, adjusting the view to large on your screen, temporarily, not many, but some people do view in large font, sometimes this will throw things off ..

tweak, tweak and tweak again, trying to find the compromise between all browsers, (well at least the two most popular, internet explorer and firefox) ..

And do you know what, there is nothing wrong with some clear white space on your webpage either .. (which is what it may end up looking like from one browser to another, you know, too far from this or not close enough to that, from one browser to the other) ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• scottaforbes@gmail.com
          Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

Ha ha

Thanks for you help but sooo sorry what are h1 h2 tags

This is going to sound strange but to make a photo appear below a line of text on the preview page I have to actually place the photo over the top of the text on the BV page so it come out correct on the preview

I so enjoy using the package and have been so please with it but now I am at my wits end

Thanks for you continued help

Scott
          www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

no, doesn't sound strange, this usually doesn't occur though if you are just inserting the image itself, so it could be your fonts you are using. I've had this happen while using thumbnail images, you need to be careful of their placement, when using the lightbox for instance ..
            - you just mainly need to check your pages after you've built and published them to adjust things ..

those h tags are best described in Bethers seo guide, found in her signature, I should know if off by heart, lol

..... but in short it's tags that are read by the search engines describing a few headlines on your webpage that you want attention drawn to, you know, just like a newspaper page, a couple of headlines - the things that your website offers to someone who is performing a search - and then applying these tags by right clicking on your headline text and choosing html, and apply <h1> in the before tag and </h1> in the end tag, this will highlight this for those search engines, Beth's guide will give you lots of tips on writing words for this. And then <h2> and </h2> for a sub headline so to speak .. note the / slash in the closing tag is the only difference from the opening tag - applied in the same manner as h1 -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X