Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using ftp account after watching tutorial is NOT WORKING

Hi there!
    I have watched the tutorials 7-8 times now of how to create a ftp accunt and i have created an account excatly after the video tutorial but when i try to log in it doesn`t work.
    This is what i created in the c-panel when i added a new ftp account:

ftp: demo@arosgate.com (public_html/demo)
    password: pass1234

This is excatly after the video tutorial.

When i try to login a pop-up box appears asking for username and password and when i try to type in the username/password it won`t let me in.

Can someone tell me where i did go wrong and what should the ftp address be if this is wrong?
    Any help or suggestion are welcome.
    I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Re: Using ftp account after watching tutorial is NOT WORKING

Waht are you trying to do?

To Publish a Blue Voda page, you do not use FTP, but the Publish command within Blue Voda itself (use either the icon at top of workpane, or under FILE > Publish). Never use FTP to publish a BV created page!

If you are transferring/uploading a defined file (.doc , .pdf , .xml , etc.) to your account, you should use FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel of your VodaHost account.

So....again....what exactly are you trying to do? Logging into your Control Panel requires the same User Name and Password it takes to Publish.....which is the same as on your Account and what was emailed to you on account setup.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Using ftp account after watching tutorial is NOT WORKING

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Waht are you trying to do?

To Publish a Blue Voda page, you do not use FTP, but the Publish command within Blue Voda itself (use either the icon at top of workpane, or under FILE > Publish). Never use FTP to publish a BV created page!

If you are transferring/uploading a defined file (.doc , .pdf , .xml , etc.) to your account, you should use FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel of your VodaHost account.

So....again....what exactly are you trying to do? Logging into your Control Panel requires the same User Name and Password it takes to Publish.....which is the same as on your Account and what was emailed to you on account setup.....
      Hi Vasili!

I am trying to add an ftp account so ppl can go directly to my website using ftp and download files.

Let us say that i want to make an ftp account for you Vasili so you can go directly from your internet browser to my website into a specific folder and download files there using the ftp.

1) How do i do that?
      2) How should the ftp address be?

I made a folder called vasili in the root dir, and in the folder i have a photo i would like you to download.Your login info will be:
      Username:vasili
      password: vasili123
      3) What do i do next?
      I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Working...
      X