Some help for a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help for a noob

now i have watched the tut vids but im still a little confused. Now lets just say i have a chat room on my site and i call the page chat and i save it as chat is that correct? cause i have done that but when i go to the site in ie or mozilla i get an error 404 message

my site is www.mtrhabbo.com now it is still in production so the menu does not work i have to use a menu from voda.
    And is there a way i don't have to put .html on the end of pages.
    If you view the site you will have to watch the intro which goes for about 30 secs.

Re: Some help for a noob

Hi, common mistake! Should be all lower case letters, IE: http://www.mtrhabbo.com/Chat.html. Looking through some of your menus, you will need to check them as there are some mistakes, like double entry of urls.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

but im almost certain i saved them with lower case's. ill resave them in lower case

Comment

Your page names do not have to be lower case as your http://www.mtrhabbo.com/Chat.html proves.
        However, once you start mixing upper case and lower case page names it is far more easy to make a mistake when entering the URL.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Yes, you can have page names that do not have an .html extension. Each page would have to have it's own folder inside of your public_html folder. Each folder would be named for whatever page description you desire. Accordingly, there would be only one page inside each folder and it's name would have to be " index ".
          You could have an URL that looked like this: www.domainname.com/Chat
          The problem is that you would have a bunch of pages named " index ".
          That could be quite confusing when editing pages and also you would have to enter your folder name to the public_html/whatever when publishing.
          I have a page like this in my signature
          www.zone5pix.com/trwpix
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

A clarification is needed on the uppeer case issue. The only page name that MUST be lower case is your " index " page.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Thanks for all the help i have worked it out. despite the confusion i have made a folder for ever page and i have fixed the menu. once again thanks for the help

Comment

nice site needs tweaking on your home page you got a spelling mistake you said change ever 2 months should be every, on you chat page chat log in take out the wihite background just leave the buttoms change the tex color to white, forum page no menu bars. other than that looks good
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                X