• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cynthiajonell
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

buttons with different names after publishing

My page is translated as 4 languages- the problem is that after publishing 2 of the pages (photo gallery and reservations) the button names at the left are in one same language for the 4 different language versions and did not keep the corresponding languages. The links are working correctly though. I checked and rechecked the bvp files and they are correct I also reuploaded the pages- the language changed but still have the same problem but with a different language.
    www.centrodeidiomasmerida.com

For example: On the Links page the text in the center is in French (on the French version of the page) but the names on the buttons are in Dutch while keeping the links to the French version pages. Also the photo gallery page has the same problem with the buttons and has the same language problem but with the heading of the page.
    I have submitted a support ticket VYU-699740.
    I hope someone can tell me why my pages changed after publishing, and how to fix it.
    -thanks
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: buttons with different names after publishing

This is due to the fact that you created the pages using the Save As command. When you do so, the menu buttons, which are images, have the same name for all pages created this way, so the last published page will prevail on others.

Solution: for each of these pages, right click the menu. Select CUT, then from the TOP toolbar click on the PASTE icon (not the Edit - Paste, but the Paste ICON) . This way the menu will be pasted back in its original position. However, at this point, for BV, it is considered a new element, so it will not conflict with other pages. Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser when testing.

Repeat for all problematic pages as well as for new ones that you are going to create.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cynthiajonell
      Corporal

• Feb 2008

Re: buttons with different names after publishing

All fixed.
      Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X