Password Protected Directories Expiry Timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Protected Directories Expiry Timeframe

Hi, how can I make my password directories expire in a fixed amount of time, say 5mins, so that if my visitors want to access the files in the password protected directories after a period of inactivity, they will need to re-login again.
    Currently,I only need to login once to access the password-protected directory, and even after 1 hour of inactivtity, I can still access the files (which is very unsecure). I would like the login validity to be about 5 mins.
    http://www.fatlossmasterclass.com

Re: Password Protected Directories Expiry Timeframe

Not with a password protected directory. All of that is controlled by Apache, which you don't have direct access to on your account, which even if you did I am not entirely sure there is a simple setting to change the expiration time.

If you are wanting something where they are logged out after 5 minutes of being idle, the only method is having scripted user management system, similar to what this forum uses, not necessarily as advanced, but one where the script handles the logins instead of the server (Apache).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi Watdaflip,

I think I would like to purchase your Login script. Can you get back to me at admin@estevanmarketing.com ? I sent you an email already yesterday. By the way, hope you accept Paypal payments.

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      Not with a password protected directory. All of that is controlled by Apache, which you don't have direct access to on your account, which even if you did I am not entirely sure there is a simple setting to change the expiration time.

If you are wanting something where they are logged out after 5 minutes of being idle, the only method is having scripted user management system, similar to what this forum uses, not necessarily as advanced, but one where the script handles the logins instead of the server (Apache).
      http://www.fatlossmasterclass.com

Comment

I just sent you an email back (sorry you email was automatically put in my spam box)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X