• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macman
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

One of two people can't see website

Hi Everyone,

I know this is asking alot but there is one or two people who are trying to view my website but its telling them that the page cannot be displayed. This is in ireland.

Do anyone have an idea how i can help them?? Could it be there are using very old browers, or certain options turned off in browser.

Whats confusing here is that I have asked them to look at other websites like ww.rte.ie whish I know is using flash...etc....but they have no problem seeing these websites??..

I don't know!!

Thanks,
    Gary
    http://www.miniaturehorsesirl.com
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: One of two people can't see website

On another forum, we had a similar experience where people in Ireland couldnt sign in. Turns out, an isp company was bought out, by someone in East Germany area, and also owned isps that are typically blocked as sex sites etc.. it could be their isp is blocking, or, they have those ip numbers logged into explorer or the firewall as dangerous or malicious. Have them add your site to the trusted list? Although you are hosted on Voda you wouldnt think it would make any difference, and we couldnt figure it out either but when we removed that range of ips it solved those type of problems.

You might also see if they can see this forum, and if they cant, drop a support ticket to see if their ips are blocked.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

I would have agree with Karen here.. the ISP is probably blocking the site. At home my ISP blocks all .tk sites

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• macman
        Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Guys,

Thanks for the response. I have just found out that they can't see the vodahost website either. As regards isp, it's either Eircom or Perlico I think.

It can't be eircom, since I use eircom at home. wonder if it has something to do with Perlico.

I'll get their ip address and log a ticket here as well anyway.

Thanks for the info
        Gary

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Gary

That name sounds familiar. There will be a range of ip numbers they run, so you will need the range rather than the single ip. You can get this by running their login domain for the users, and checking the dns registry. It should give you the range they operate on.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X