• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlsmom
    Private

• Feb 2008

Errors on my Word docs to download

Hi.
    I tried to make some word documents available for download. It seems that I've ALMOST got it, but when I try to download there is an error "Word experienced an error trying to open the file...... Check the file permissions for the document or drive, Make sure there is sufficient free memory....Open the file with the Text Recovery converter"

Help!?? I'm not even sure what to do to try to fix this!

Thanks!

Jodie
  • aussiebaz
    First Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Re: Errors on my Word docs to download

All downloads are working fine for me.

Comment

• Meanderer
      Major

• Aug 2007

Re: Errors on my Word docs to download

G'day,
      I couldn't open the Word doc once I downloaded it. Others might be able to explain problem. However, I believe that using Word Documents for people to download is not the best way to achieve results. Instead consider converting your word docs to PDF format. Most people can open these whereas MS Word varies with what version people have.
      Creating a PDF file is so simple and it is also a smaller file size which makes it quicker for up/ and downloading.
      I highly recommend the programme "PDFCREATOR" found here.
      It can convert most MS Windows files to PDF.
      It's also wise to have a link on the page for Adobe Reader (PDF Reader prog). However, the current Adobe Reader is 23 Mb for someone to download (if they haven't got it on their computer already) but I've found that FOXIT have PDF Reader that is only 2.3 Mb to download!!!
      ALL of the above programmes are FREE. :)
      Rick

Comment

Working...
      X