• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emmy26
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

centering page

Hello, does anyone know if there's some trick to get 'center in page-vertical' to work? I've noticed sometimes the 'horizontal' one doesn't do it for me either, but if I click away or go back to it and then try again, it will center it horizontally. Nothing I seem to try seems to work with 'center-vertical' though. Does it only work with a certain type of image (maybe .pngs but not .jpegs) or something, or should I re-download BV?
    Emmy
    www.cherrylanememories.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Can't get 'center in page- vertical' to work.

Hi, there are so many things it could be, that you would be better posting the url of the published page & we can say within a few seconds.
    This page looks fine www.cherrylanememories.com
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Emmy26
      Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Yeah, that's the page I'm talking about. I'm trying to get it centered smack bam in the middle of the page. Right now on my internet it shows it in the horizontal middle but not the vertical middle. Does it look that way on your screen? Maybe it's just the different sizes? Uh this is just adding to my confusion!
      Emmy
      www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, looks good to me. You are out by 4px if you want to get fussy. The widest item on the page is 796 (Brown background image) So you could set your page width to 796.
        As for vertical centering? I do not think it can be done. IE: i run 5 address bars including my fire fox or IE browser, so my page maybe lower on the screen than other users. Would of thought a size of 500 for the page area & a 50-80 px gap at the top will be not far off for the vertical side of things..
        One downside on having it this way? is that if you have longer pages, they appear to jump to the left with some browsers when the scroll bar appears.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• judavvforum
          Major

• Nov 2007

Emmy,

First let me say that you are doing a great job on the site. It's just my personal opinion, (as a seasoned web surfer and online customer); but I really liked the first version, best. However, if you want it to be more e-commercey; then you are headed in the right direction with your present design.

I feel that there are 3 styles of websites. There's the e-commercey; the artsy, and the down-home type.

Each has their own place in the marketing scheme of things. Personally, I think your site belongs in the artsy style, due to the product you offer. So, IMO; your new design is adopting a style that doesn't fit with your product.

As far as whether a non-commercey site can be trusted; I find that "amature" site owners try harder to please, in order to establish themselves! The only exceptions are the "get-rich-quick" and "I'm a marketing Guru" world!

Now, just a couple of suggestions, if I may. Arrange the pics in a chronilogical (sp?) order. That is wedding, baby, picnic, and then the older kids. But maybe you should substitute a Graduate at the far right to symbolize the entire progression of life, (leave death for some other website!). Just something to think about.

One last thing....You might want to take a look at this product. I just ran across it. It might fit in well with your product. I think it's really neat!

flipalbum.com/fahome/

Good luck to you. I think you will be very successful with the product you have chosen!

Comment

Working...
          X