• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbor
    Private First Class

• Jan 2008

naming my pages

Hi, I'm new at this so please bare with me. I've published all of my pages but some of them dont come up and I get the "server not found" or "error 404" message. With those that do when I click the button to go back I get the same messages. I can sometimes go back to a page if I use the back arrow. I think I have followed the tuturials properly.

My site is www.focusptonline.com

Help please
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Some of my published pages dont come up

Hi, check you punctuations & upper/lower case's in your urls to the page from your buttons. IE: the one below have been changed & work. Not sure on the contact us page, as i am not sure if its published yet.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• jimbor
      Private First Class

• Jan 2008

Thamks for that. I tried changing to upper case exactly as you sugested but it didnt work. Still only get the "index, about, and online personal training pages, and those ones I left in lower case because they seem to be the only one's that (sort of) work. Still cant go back using the buttons. Should I cahnge them as well and do I need to republish each page after making a small change in the URL. I did before but like I said, it still dont work.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, the services is 2 things. A "," after the www instead of "." & the capital S.
        The testimonials is just the capital T. Usually best to get in the habit of doing all web work in lower case. But! i do it myself out of habit.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Tom vR
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Hi,
          Suggestion: In BV, open your index page and fix all your links for the buttons there. Publish and test it. If you're satified that they all work, go back to the index page in BV, then copy the Navbar (all the buttons). Now open all the other pages and delete the buttons from them. Paste the navbar from the index page to all your other pages.

The home link is not working on your aboutus page due to missing full stop after www
          Do what Chris told you to do, but do it on your index page and follow my tip above.

Someday when you have time, you may want to experiment with Navaldesigns Single Menu Page PHP method.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

• techie227
            Private

• Mar 2008

I looked at the source code for some of your pages and you are careless when typing in the URL and page names for your links. Remember the Linux server that VodaHost uses is case sensitive in filenames (unlike Windows, which ignores case). So in Linux "About.html" is a different file than "about.html" -- a windows-based server (or your windows-based PC) would consider them the same file. So when you follow the other's advice, you will now know why their advice will work. Hope this helps a little more.

Comment

Working...
            X