firefox against internet explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefox against internet explorer

This is just to mention if you are previewing your site your best bet is fire fox. It will save you time and effort in the long run. Got to make a lot of changes now I did all my work in ie7 and checked it out in fire fox lot of overlapping. Good luck to all
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Re: firefox against internet explorer

Hi there,

Forgive me to adding to your point, but I think it is probably just as wise to preview it in both as you go along. This is an issue which is a bit of a pain to say the least, but can be got around if you preview your pages as you create. I must admit though, I have made..god knows how many sites with BV, 20, 30, 40 I lose count now.... and yet only ONCE did I ever get an issue between the two browsers and that was on a site I made last week as some already know in another post I made...

What I am trying to point out here is.... have I just been lucky?... I just see so many posts here with people having issues with the two browsers, or am I doing something that maybe I should point out to people?

Is it caused by a method that a lot of people are doing that I don't? I would be interested if anyone knows of certain procedures that cause these issues?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The problem that I had with firefox was my menu bars. I use a tex menu and a white rectangle behind it . In ie7 it looked great then I checked it with firefox it was overlapping and not a rectangle behind it it had rounded edges so I had to make the rectangle larger now it looks good in both even though its still rounded edges in fire fox. My site will have over five hudred pages. will launch it this month. If you find your secret lets us in on it. well good luck to all
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I've noticed that FF will wrap text at different points than IE shows. I've been able to solve that by using carriage return and by making sure the text box is extended a bit from the end of the text. It seems to work for me.
        Also, I have to play with the spacing on the pages quite a bit because IE will look fine but in FF it will overlap. But I check the pages in both and just play with them until it looks okay. Of course, I may have some mistakes now that I won't find until later...
        I personally prefer FF, but I build more to suit IE.
        jcaywood

Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
        X