Strange problem with page lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem with page lengths

I am nearly finished with a site for a friend of mine and I am having a problem with page lengths on some of the pages, this being one of them http://www.handsonholistics.net/treatment_vouchers.html

Also an old site of mine I needed to shorten the page here http://www.firstwebcall.com/portfolio.html

and the same problem, no matter what I set the page length to it has a mind of its own after saving and publishing and is leaving big gaps at the bottom of the page, anyone have an explanation?

Strange things is some pages are o.k and others just will not change to the length I want.

Thanks Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Strange problem with page lengths

Paul
    Try drawing a selection square below the footer and hitting the delete button. It could be that there is a very small object still on the page that you cannot see.

Comment

Hit Ctrl and A at the same time. This will highlight EVERYTHING on your page and then you can see where the problem is Paul.

Before you do this, double your page length in page properties as sometimes things can get placed below your set margins.

Once you have found it you can always close the page height back up.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Mmmmmmm I have sorted the firstwebcall one out, that was my fault after re-arranging the page the text box was too long causing it to overlap the page. I have looked at the other and can find nothing at all that is keeping the page the length it is, probably something silly as this has never happened before, but 4 out of 7 pages do it so there must be something there.

Thanks Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Sorry Ramsey we posted at the same time, I will try what you have just said and see if I can spot anything....Cheers
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Paul, feel free to email me the page if you like... Two heads... you know?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you both, Ramsey that worked and I was able to locate the problem, did not know about that little trick. It was 4 text boxes that were the problem, no idea how they got there but all now sorted.

Thanks Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Yeah, it's always something simple. Glad you sorted it.

Comment

I simply gave up and copied the text I wanted to another page and did a preview to make sure it didn't overlap again and sure enough it worked.

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com and more!

Comment

Working...
                  X