Question re sizing webpages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re sizing webpages

I have created a website using BV but when published it seems to default to a 15 inch monitor size. How do I resise to say a 17 or 19 inch monitor view?

Re: Question re sizing webpages

The inches of your monitor is irrelevant, It all has so to with screen resolution.
    The screen resolution can be adjusted in the page properties. Please click the
    below link to learn more.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...properties.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      The inches of your monitor is irrelevant, It all has so to with screen resolution.
      The screen resolution can be adjusted in the page properties. Please click the
      below link to learn more.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...properties.htm
      I checked out the tutorial re-page properties and I did not see anything re- screen resolution only a box on page width and height. I inserted different values in the boxes but nothing happened ?

Comment

what size is it?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          what size is it?
          the width is 818 and height is 767 I am using one of your templates and I have a 17 inch LCD monitor and when I browse or preview my website there is an approx 1 inch vertical blank on the right hand side of the screen

Comment

If you want your page to be bigger, change the width to a larger dimension and then work within that space. Keep in mind that this will not automatically resize the page, you'll have to move things around to fill the space.

Exercise caution, though, because making the page big enough that it fills your screen will make it more difficult to navigate for people with lower resolution settings. And keep in mind that it's not the size of the monitor, it's the screen resolution setting of each individual user. Change your resolution to 800X600 and you'll see a full screen that way, too.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              If you want your page to be bigger, change the width to a larger dimension and then work within that space. Keep in mind that this will not automatically resize the page, you'll have to move things around to fill the space.

Exercise caution, though, because making the page big enough that it fills your screen will make it more difficult to navigate for people with lower resolution settings. And keep in mind that it's not the size of the monitor, it's the screen resolution setting of each individual user. Change your resolution to 800X600 and you'll see a full screen that way, too.
              Thanks folks the light bulb finally came on! I figured it out

Comment

What if i want my page to be like 2 inches by 2 inches?...
                literally, that size when it pops up?
                thanks,
                paul
                www.follownotrends.com

Comment

Originally posted by fnt
                  What if i want my page to be like 2 inches by 2 inches?...
                  literally, that size when it pops up?
                  thanks,
                  paul
                  You can use a popup window of that size. You can also set how many and which toolbars (if any) will appear in the popup window. Make a search on this forum with "popup" as search term
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

k....
                    ill look it up...
                    thanks man,
                    paul
                    www.follownotrends.com

Comment

Working...
                    X