• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarsVader
    Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Background Loops

Hi Folks,
    I´m just new to Bluevoda and I must say I´m freaking happy with it!!!
    It´s Freeware and got everything I need and even supports HTML and Flash-Imports!!! Crazy!!!
    But I wanted to start my first Project with it and i set up the Properties: 800 x 600 px and I want a Background Image. I choose my Image and disable the Loop-Function and it although Loops the Image and it looks horrible!!!! It shows me the Grid to 800 x 600 px but the Website continous. And also in Preview mode its bigger than 800 x 600 px..........

What can I do?

Please Help me, cuz I think i can really make my Website as good as I imagined and i never could done it with Macromedia Flash where I even looked up Scripts and stuff..........

Please........
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Background Loops

You will need to do some work to your image firstly if you want to apply this as a background ...

- the background will tile or repeat itself when the image is applied on a page as a background by right clicking on the page, choosing properties, inserting background

- if you truly wanted this image as a background to your page without tiling you would need to size this image somewhere around '2000 x '1600 or something which you wouldn't want to do as using an image this large will cause great page delays on opening ..

- for backgrounds it's best to use solid colors or image s******* that do not cause these effects

- if you wanted to still use your image, create it '800 x '600 firstly and insert onto your page as an image, it will stay at that size and you can
    then lay your content over it and see what that looks like, it really all
    depends on what content you have ..

- remember though to optimize your images so your pages do not cause loading issues ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LarsVader
      Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Re: Background Loops

Thanks a lot,
      I thought about that Way, too.......so I do it that way.......thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X